How to Name a Publishing Company
Are you on the lookout for a suitable name for your publishing company? As an entrepreneur, choosing the right brand name is crucial, as it should effectively communicate what your venture offers.
To help you get started, you can try our free business name generator tool, which will suggest a variety of names for your publishing company. Alternatively, you can refer to our brief guide on how to name your new business.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Publishing Company
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a publishing company:
- At its heart, this business is for book lovers. Publishing books is an exciting task because the success of certain titles and the lack of success of others is never certain.
- This job is ideal for a "people person," offering a unique opportunity to interact with a variety of authors, bookstore managers, and advertisers.
- Generally, the ideal clients for a publisher are those who are passionate about their work, but still open to suggestions.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your publishing company name. Here are a few examples:
- Book publishing
- Digital publishing
- Manuscript editing
- Print on demand
- Think of adjectives that would describe your publishing company and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Publishing Company Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a publishing company.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Business
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
- Pittsburgh Paper People
- Seattle Storymakers
- Los Angeles Letters
- Miami Beach Press
- Windy City Wordsmiths
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a publishing company, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g., creativity, pleasure, inspiration, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (entertained, stimulated, moved, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate names of friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Use our free business name generator tool by following the 3 simple steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your venture.
Step #4: Register Your Publishing Company Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Publishing Company
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your publishing company. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our business logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your publishing company. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.