How to Name a Social Media Marketing Business
Even for the pros, social media can be a jungle. Platforms, expectations, algorithms, search habits, audiences: the shifts can be as unpredictable as they are frustrating for marketers. The best social media marketing business names should help you distinguish your special skills, so you can attract quality clients that will pay you on time, every time. From photos to infographics to keywords to banners, your name should tell potential customers why your expertise will net them far more profits than your fees.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of social media marketing business name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Social Media Marketing Business
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a social media marketing agency:
- A social media marketer provides ideas and content for their clients. Some owners may specialize in a particular type of platform (e.g., Facebook only), but most work with all platforms to create a cohesive strategy for a business.
- People who love social media and marketing will thrive in this business. You should know how people interact with different platforms, where your target demographic is most likely to live, and what type of content will spark the most interest.
- The target market is anyone who wants to advertise themselves or their cause. This could be commercial companies, non-profits, or even private parties.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your social media marketing business name. Here are a few examples:
- Think of adjectives that would describe your social media marketing business and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Social Media Marketing Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a social media marketing company.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Social Media Marketing Business
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
- Wisconsin Buzz Marketing
- Detroit Social Experts
- LA Social Pulse
- Detroit Marketing Online
- NY Marketing Media
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a social media marketing, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g., leisure, entertainment, sport, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (relaxed, happy, ecstatic, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate celebrity names, public figures, or friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Use our free business name generator tool by following the 3 simple steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your company.
Step #4: Register Your Social Media Marketing Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Social Media Marketing Business
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your social media marketing business. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our social media marketing business logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your social media marketing business. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.