How to Name a Speakeasy Bar
A well-named speakeasy can set the tone for the entire establishment, conveying an air of mystery and intrigue that adds to customers’ overall experience. The name of a speakeasy bar can evoke the history and nostalgia of the 1920s or be a clever play on words that adds a modern twist.
Good speakeasy bar names help the company stand out in a crowded market and attract the attention of potential patrons. Ultimately, a strong name is an essential component of branding because it can help create a unique and memorable identity that draws people in and keeps them coming back for more.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of speakeasy bar business name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Speakeasy Bar
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a speakeasy bar:
- The speakeasy bar was first introduced in the 1920s during the Prohibition Era, when the manufacturing, transportation, and sale of alcohol was illegal. Bar owners circumnavigated these laws by charging a fee for an attraction, with a “complimentary” drink offering.
- While speakeasies largely disappeared after Prohibition ended, many patrons are still attracted to these exclusive, tucked away retro-style bars with uniquely blended cocktails.
- Owning a speakeasy bar requires hard work and dedication. The people-oriented entrepreneur with extensive industry experience is highly recommended.
- Patrons of your establishment will enjoy beverages and the atmosphere of a speakeasy bar.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your speakeasy bar business name. Here are a few examples:
- Think of adjectives that would describe your speakeasy bar and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Speakeasy Bar Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a speakeasy bar.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Speakeasy Bar
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
- Broken Chandelier Boston
- Lost Spirits Seattle
- California Kings Club
- Charleston Secret Chamber
- Hidden Star Texas
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a speakeasy bar, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g., secretive, exclusive, underground, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (special, unique, sociable, elite, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate celebrity names, public figures, or friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Use our free business name generator tool by following the 3 simple steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your company.
Step #4: Register Your Speakeasy Bar Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Speakeasy Bar
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your speakeasy bar. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our speakeasy bar logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your speakeasy bar. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.