How to Name a Travel Agency
Ready to find the right name for your travel agency? Customers of all backgrounds — especially families and groups — come to agencies like yours to find memorable vacations and destination packages. With the advent of budget booking websites, your travel agency needs to compete with a wide variety of businesses. The right name will help.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of travel agency name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Travel Agency
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a travel agency:
- Owning a travel agency is ideal for those who have a passion for discovering new places, the patience for detailed research, and a love for the joy of travel.
- With revenue mainly coming from commissions, people often turn to these agencies for the convenience of not having to find and book accommodations themselves.
- Clients and customers come from all walks of life, but many are eager to explore other countries. Domestic agencies are still around, however, the current focus is predominantly on international travel.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your travel agency business name. Here are a few examples:
- Think of adjectives that would describe your travel agency and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are a few examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Travel Agency Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a travel agency.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Business
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a travel agency, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g., travel guides, hotel help, booking, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (unburdened, excited, ready, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate names of friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Use our free business name generator tool by following the 3 smple steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your venture.
Step #4: Register Your Travel Agency Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Travel Agency
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your travel agency business. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our travel agency logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your travel agency business. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.