How to Name a Video Game Company
In search of the perfect video game company name? You might distinguish your venture by its games’ genre, character, setting, or something else. Plenty of video game businesses have imaginative names. Whatever you choose, your business’s name should reflect your company’s games and their distinctives.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of video game business name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator tool protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Video Game Company
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a video game company:
- Video game businesses design and program video games played on consoles, PCs, cell phones, and virtual reality devices.
- Video games bring people together in-person for fun and exciting gaming experiences. They also connect people by way of online gaming experiences. It will certainly help to have a background in electrical engineering, design and/or computer science.
- The target market is avid gamers. Everyone from kids to middle-aged adults play video games. Millennials are especially passionate about video games.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your video game company business name. Here are a few examples:
- First person
- Think of adjectives that would describe your video game company and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Video Game Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a video game company.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Business
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
- Coastal Gaming Collective
- Northern Virtual Tundra
- Japan Gaming Graphics
- MidWest Virtual Play
- Oklahomie Games
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a video game company, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g., original video games, game add-ons, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (entertained, immersed, engaged, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate names of friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Discover the perfect brand name for your video game company by using our free business name generator tool. Simply follow the 3 steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your venture.
Step #4: Register Your Video Game Company Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Video Game Company
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your video game company. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our video game company business logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your video game company. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.