How to Name a Copywriting Business
Are you ready to choose a name for your new copywriting company? Naming your business is a crucial step for any entrepreneur, as it should effectively communicate the services your venture provides.
You can get started by utilizing our free business name generator above to explore potential copywriting business names. Alternatively, you can continue reading our brief guide to learn some helpful tips for naming your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Copywriting Business
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your copywriting venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a copywriting company:
- To maintain a steady flow of work, it’s important to build relationships with a variety of clients. Such businesses are usually contracted by other organizations to create promotional content such as blogs, social media posts, industry reports, etc.
- This venture is ideal for those passionate about writing and managing writers. Having an impressive command of the English language is beneficial, although an English major isn't required.
- Steer clear of clients who lack the financial resources for projects or have a scant budget. Single-person customers are riskier to take on than corporate ones.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your copywriting business name. Here are a few examples:
- Content creation
- Think of adjectives that would describe your copywriting business and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Copywriting Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a copywriting company.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Business
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a copywriting business, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g., emails, advertising, copywriting, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (successful, pleased, excited, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate names of friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Use our free business name generator tool by following the 3 simple steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your venture.
Step #4: Register Your Copywriting Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Copywriting Business
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your copywriting business. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our copywriting business logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your copywriting business. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.