How to Name a Running Store
A running store specializes in providing gear and equipment for runners and other athletes. The name you select should communicate the benefits customers can expect when they shop at your store as well as the passion and expertise of your employees. When considering potential running store names, it’s important to keep your target audience in mind and how they may perceive the name.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of running store business name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Running Store
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a running store:
- While prior running experience isn’t required to launch a successful running store, the entrepreneur with hands-on experience in the sport would be best suited for this endeavor.
- Customers will seek your guidance on products available in the market, as well as training and nutrition advice.
- The bulk of your business will come from experienced runners who regularly invest in their passion. You’ll meet sponsored runners, ultra marathoners, and those training for the next local race.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your running store business name. Here are a few examples:
- Think of adjectives that would describe your running store and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Gold Star
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Running Store Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a running store.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Running Store
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a running store, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g., sneakers, clothing, gear, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (strong, empowered, pleased, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate celebrity names, public figures, or friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Use our free business name generator tool by following the 3 simple steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your store.
Step #4: Register Your Running Store Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Running Store
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your running store. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our running store logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your running store. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.