7 Youtube Videos Your Small Business Needs to Create
Online video content is becoming more popular each year, and these videos aren’t just for entertainment. These days, more and more businesses are creating YouTube channels and posting videos across a variety of platforms.
Whether you’re considering making videos for your business for the first time or looking for new content ideas, this article can help!
Why Create YouTube Videos for Your Business?
Maybe you’ve already decided to start making YouTube videos, or maybe you’re still trying to figure out exactly how YouTube videos can help your business.
Here are some of the reasons why your business should start a YouTube channel:
- Improve your Google ranking - Having videos on your website greatly increases your chances of placing higher on Google searches
- Improve your conversion rate - Studies have shown that having video content will significantly increase conversions (e.g., potential customers opening emails, scanning QR codes, filling out a form, and even buying a product).
- Reach your YouTube audience - Many people think about YouTube as just a website with videos. However, it is also the second-largest search engine in the world behind Google. People out there are likely searching for your product, service, or area of expertise.
- Become mobile-friendly - Mobile video consumption is going up significantly each year. Many people prefer to watch videos on their mobile devices rather than read information, so offering info about your company in a video format could broaden your potential customer base.
- Create effective explanations - Some things are best explained with a video. This is particularly true with product demonstrations, but it can also apply when explaining services.
- Drive social media engagement - Most people are much more likely to like an entertaining video and share it on their social media page than they are to share a written post.
- Form stronger connections - Video content gives businesses the opportunity to connect with people on a more personal level, which can help attract new customers and keep old ones coming back.
YouTube Videos Your Small Business Needs to Create
Now that we’ve covered some of the reasons a business should make YouTube videos, what are some types of videos you can create? There are many different options, but the following are some of the most effective YouTube videos that your small business needs to create. Keep in mind that posting regularly and providing new content is key.
- Business/Brand Introduction
- Meet the Team
- Thought Leadership
A great first YouTube video for your company to make is an introduction to your business and brand. This is an opportunity to let people know what your business does and how it can potentially serve them, as well as share your mission statement and core values. There are a lot of options for exactly what to include in this type of video, but the key is to make a video that is engaging, memorable, and short enough to keep the viewer’s attention.
Posting video testimonials of happy customers can help convince more people to try your product or service. Many people will be happy to record one, especially if they are business owners themselves and can get some free exposure for their business.
Making a YouTube video showing exactly how your service or one of your products works is a great idea. Product demonstration videos are especially effective, but even if you don’t sell a physical product, sometimes a video does a much better job of explaining why someone should want to be your customer.
Frequently asked question (FAQ) videos are great for a few reasons. For one, it gives customers and potential customers the answer to a question they might have, which might save you the trouble of having to answer the same question again and again. And second, it is a good option for new content, as you can release separate videos for each question you answer.
Meet the Team
Videos that interview or profile members of your company can help build a personal connection between your company and customers. These videos can be about members of your executive team, but profiling employees “on the front line” can also engage potential customers.
While the other videos on this list are likely scripted and recorded over numerous takes, live videos can help show people the “real” day-to-day of your business. You can use live videos to interact with customers in real-time or to show some of the “behind-the-scenes” actions in your business. These are another great way to create a more personal connection with customers.
“Thought leadership” is a popular bit of business jargon these days, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be useful for your business. If you’ve started a business, it’s likely that you have a level of expertise in the field. Sharing your knowledge and opinions about certain topics related to your industry can help establish your company as a trusted entity and a destination for potential customers.
How to Start a YouTube Channel for Your Business
Starting a YouTube channel for your business is free and easy. Just follow these steps:
- Create a Google account
- Create a YouTube channel
- Customize your YouTube channel
Create a Google Account
Google owns YouTube, so you need to create a Google account for your business if it doesn’t already have one. Don’t use your personal Google account for your business’s YouTube channel. You may want to give employees administrative access to your company’s YouTube channel, so it is best to keep it separate from your personal account.
Create a YouTube Channel
Once you’ve created and logged into your business Google account, navigate to the YouTube homepage. From there, click on your profile’s avatar logo at the top right of the screen, then select “My Channel.” A page will appear asking for your name. Underneath the name box, click “Use a business or other name” and then enter your business name in the box labeled “Brand Account Name” and click “Create.” Your business now has a YouTube channel!
Customize Your YouTube Channel
Now that you’ve created a YouTube channel for your business, the next step is to customize it. You should upload a channel icon and cover photo and fill in your channel description, where you can write a bit about your company.
You can also upload a channel trailer video, which is a short introductory video for new viewers. This could be a good place for your business introduction/brand video that we mentioned earlier.
Business YouTube Videos FAQs
What is a YouTube business account?
A YouTube business account is called a Brand Account. It is a type of account that is designed specifically for businesses and brands, and businesses should use this instead of a personal account. Multiple people can manage a YouTube Brand Account.
How do you create a business YouTube channel?
You can create a business YouTube channel by first creating a Google account for your business and then navigating to the YouTube home page and selecting “My Channel” and providing your business or brand name.
Is YouTube free for businesses?
Yes, YouTube is free for businesses. There is no cost to create a channel for your company or brand.
Can I monetize my brand account?
Yes, you can monetize a YouTube brand account.