How to Name a Boutique Business
Ready to find a trendy and unique boutique business name for your new venture? Naming a business is one of the most important steps for an entrepreneur — the business name should clearly identify what your fashion boutique offers to the public. You can begin by using our free business name generator above to discover an array of boutique names and ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your boutique business. If you’re ready to start your business, we also recommend reading our comprehensive online guide on how to start a clothing boutique.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine goals for your boutique business.
How do you want your clothing boutique business to be perceived by the public? High-quality boutique names should be memorable and catchy, brandable, relatable to your clients/customers, and set clear expectations relating to products, services, or a general sense of the industry.
Make sure that you are aware of your desired target market, how you want to appeal to your customers, and the specific emotions you want your brand name to evoke.
Step #2: Begin brainstorming.
There are a variety of ways you can brainstorm cute and trendy boutique names for your fashion company; in fact, this part of the naming process can be a lot of fun. We’ve shared some unique brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing and inspire you to find the best brand name for your new business.
- Jot down a list of specific keywords when brainstorming boutique names.
- Visualize the type of business you are trying to create and everything that comes along with a boutique venture to bring life to this business idea.
- Popular clothing brands use catchy adjectives to describe a fashion boutique and the types of products offered; you can use Google to research these brands and derive inspiration and creative name ideas.
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques since the perfect brand name will set you apart from the competition.
- If your goal is to sell online through an Ecommerce website, consider a fashion boutique name with search engine optimization (SEO) keywords in your business name; online boutiques provide easy client access to products.
The above ideas are just a few general brainstorming techniques and creative strategies. Continue reading to learn more unique approaches to generate trendy and catchy boutique names using our free store name generator.
Recommended: Once you have your business name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Boutique Business Name Ideas
We’ve used the general brainstorming techniques mentioned above to share several creative, cute, and catchy boutique names. We hope these brand names will inspire you to come up with a few ideas of your own. Check out the boutique names we came up with below:
Breakdown of Creative Approaches to Naming a Boutique
The ideas for naming a new business are endless once you put on your thinking cap. To find the perfect name, the goal is to come up with the best strategy that works for you and your online business name. The following are helpful tips to help you find a high-quality, brandable, unique boutique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Boutique Names - Capitalize on Your Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business and let your community know that you are open for business. You can also think of the best name that defines what your city or state is well known for or use slogans or historical accounts that define your location. You can use these to your advantage when coming up with boutique business names.
- Sacramento Style
- Berlin Bohemian Boutique
- LA Charmers Clothing
- Chic In Chi Town
- Portland Flair Fashion
Boutique Names - Connecting Through Emotion
We all know that psychology plays a big role in connecting with people and people who feel connected to your boutique business become loyal customers. This is why words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good ideas for business and quality, industry branding. Incorporating these memorable, unique experiences in a brand name can be a sure way to earn repeat customers for your fashion boutique business.
Boutique Names - Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Brainstorming boutique names doesn’t have to be stressful or boring. You can come up with the perfect name by creating unique puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts (word mash), or by using same letter and sound repetition. It’s a creative way to construct a catchy company brandable name that is high-quality and memorable. See what we did there?
Boutique Names - Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one creative word for boutique names can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your unique brand and brainstorm catchy adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own an online clothing boutique, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g., high-quality, minimal, extravagant, classy, etc.) to create the perfect name. Consider how you want your customers to feel (cute, trendy, beautiful, etc.), and so on.
Boutique Names - Name Game
Naming your boutique business can be as easy as just using your own name; however, there are different trendy, unique, and creative directions you can take. Some ideas include celebrity names, public figures, or honoring someone you look up to or are close to such as a mentor, friend, or family member.
- Dahlia’s Dressy Clothing
- Miley’s Loungewear
- Secret Duchess Boutique
- Cleo’s Chic Clothes
- Gaga’s Style
Remember to stay on track by selecting the boutique names on your list that best define your specific future brand. If you have narrowed it down to a few creative business names and are finding it difficult to decide on one, don’t forget to ask others for an honest opinion. Since your new boutique business name will be on your products, make sure that it is a positive and high-quality brand name that you and your customers will be proud of displaying online and offline.
Step #3: Use our boutique business name generator.
Discover the perfect brand name for your classy boutique name generator business by using our free business name generator tool. Simply follow the 3 steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Our online business name generator even allows you to further filter your results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized, creative, and unique brand names for your boutique name generator.
Step #4: Register your boutique business name.
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable boutique name generator business name is available in your state. You can also choose the state in which you would like to conduct business, and read our in-depth business name registration guide.
Steps After Naming Your Boutique Name Generator Business
Once you’ve chosen your creative, classy, and brandable boutique name generator business name, make sure you secure a domain name, especially if you want to establish an online business presence. Then, there are a few steps you can take to successfully establish your brand recognition, credibility, and loyalty:
- Choose a business structure for your boutique business. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) will help reduce liability. We recommend checking out the Top 5 LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your boutique business. Creating a logo for your business is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique logo. Knowing which logo maker will work best for you is a tough choice, so we've reviewed the Top 5 Best Logo Makers of 2021 to help you find the best tool that will work for your small business.
- Choose a business structure for your boutique name generator. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) will help reduce liability. We recommend checking out the Top 5 LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your boutique name generator business. Creating a logo for your business is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique logo. Knowing which logo maker will work best for you is a tough choice, so we've reviewed the Top 5 Best Logo Makers of 2021 to help you find the best tool that will work for your small business.
- Make a website for your boutique business. Simple drag-and-drop builders like GoDaddy and Wix make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Our QR Code Generator offers several QR code options to fit your business's needs. You can create virtual business cards (vCards), market your business, share your new website with customers and more.