HubSpot is a customer relationship management (CRM) service that empowers many major websites to develop and maintain extensive client lists. Recently, HubSpot launched a website builder and content management system (CMS) product called CMS Hub.
CMS Hub includes many of the industry-standard features found in most website builders plus access to HubSpot CRM features. This guide will focus only on the features most relevant to helping you decide which CMS Hub plan to use when building your small business website.
Looking for the right fit for building your business website? Check out our Best Website Builder Review to learn more.
Before You Begin
Like many drag-and-drop website builders, HubSpot’s CMS Hub makes it fairly easy to create a website from scratch. But, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do a little planning first. Before you start building your website, consider what you need it to do and which website-building features are important to you and your small business.
Because HubSpot is a CRM company, the CMS Hub’s features largely focus on attracting and retaining customers. HubSpot also appeals to companies of all sizes so the prices of its CMS Hub plans vary widely. This guide will help you decide which Hubspot plan meets all your business website needs, but you also should look into the other services HubSpot offers. If you’re interested in using HubSpot’s CRM services or any of its other marketing options, HubSpot may simply be the most convenient way to build and manage your website.
For additional guidance as you do some initial planning for your website, check out these articles:
Overview of CMS Hub Plans
First things first: Unlike with some website builders, HubSpot doesn’t offer a free version of its CMS Hub website builder and hosting service. It does offer some of its CRM services for free, however, which you can integrate into your CMS Hub website. These include basic email marketing services, contact records and analytics, and customer support features like forms and chat capabilities — albeit with some limits.
But, you can start with a 14-day, free trial of a HubSpot CMS Hub plan. This should give you plenty of time to explore the website builder and decide if its unique features are appropriate for your business.
The CMS Hub website builder is available in three tiers of paid plans: “Starter,” “Professional,” and “Enterprise.” You also have the option to bundle each plan with marketing, sales, customer service, and operations services. While you can build a custom bundle, if desired, this guide will only mention the bundles of products at similar plan tiers.
HubSpot CMS Hub Starter Plan
The HubSpot CMS Hub Starter plan is the most affordable plan, but, while it comes with many unique CRM features, it’s somewhat limited as a website builder.
The CMS Hub is a drag-and-drop website builder that makes it easy to build a website even without any coding experience. You can build a basic website, host a blog, and take advantage of HubSpot’s CRM tools to track how visitors interact with your website.
- Drag-and-Drop Themes and Templates: HubSpot’s marketplace includes access to a variety of themes and templates you can use when designing your website.
- Support for Local Developer Tools: You, your staff, or a third-party developer can fine-tune the design of your website by creating your own custom theme. This can make adding new pages or editing the overall look of your website a matter of just a few clicks.
- Custom Domain Support: This plan enables you to connect one custom domain to your HubSpot website.
- Industry-Standard Security Features: Your HubSpot website will include premium hosting that scales with your business — regardless of your bandwidth usage. This includes industry-standard security features like secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption.
The core offerings outlined above come with all CMS Hub plans. The HubSpot CMS Hub Starter plan also includes these additional, yet limited features:
- Up to 15 Pages: With this plan, your website can include up to 15 individual pages.
- Support for One Blog: This plan also enables you to host one blog on your website.
- Customizable Forms: HubSpot offers extensive options for forms on your website. With this plan, you can use pop-up, standalone, and embedded forms along with custom styling to make them fit the look of your site.
- Up to 10 Analytics Dashboards: Because of HubSpot’s CRM focus, reports are one of the main features of its CMS Hub website builder. This plan gives you up to 10 reporting dashboards — each including up to 10 specific reports. This’ll provide very detailed information about your site’s popularity and performance, your success in converting visitors, or more CRM-specific tools like customer service.
- Live Customer Support: This plan includes live HubSpot support via email or chat.
The HubSpot CMS Hub Starter plan costs $25 per month when billed monthly or $23 per month when billed annually for a total of $276.
Ideal Users of This Plan
Businesses typically add marketing and CRM features to their websites after going live. The HubSpot CMS Hub Starter plan is ideal for any business that wants to manage marketing tools, content management, and web hosting from one central account — right from the start. That makes this plan ideal for marketing companies, consulting firms, software companies, or any other service-based business that mostly uses its website to develop connections with potential clients or customers.
Because the HubSpot CMS Hub Starter plan doesn’t include any ecommerce tools, it may not be the best choice for businesses that want to sell their products or services online.
To see some examples of what your HubSpot business website can do, check out our list of top HubSpot website examples.
HubSpot CMS Hub Professional Plan
The HubSpot CMS Hub Professional plan is a major step up from the HubSpot CMS Hub Starter plan in many ways. While some of its features might not be necessary as you start your business, this plan may appeal to you more as your business grows.
This plan includes everything in the HubSpot CMS Hub Starter plan plus ecommerce features, increased customization and storage, and many expanded marketing and CRM features.
- Product Management Tools: This plan will enable you to manage your product list with the same in-depth reporting that HubSpot applies to customer lists.
- Up to 10,000 Pages: With this plan, your website can include up to 10,000 pages.
- Dynamic Content Tools: This plan enables you to personalize content for specific customers so your online visitors only see content tailored to them.
- Up to 10 Teams: If you have a large staff, you can divide it into up to 10 teams and track their progress as needed.
- Unlimited Subdomains and Country Code Top-Level Domains (CCTLD): In addition to your root domain, this plan enables you to manage additional subdomains and CCTLDs in your HubSpot account. You can use this tool to create targeted landing pages and separate blogs as well as cause alternate CCTLDs, such as “.co” or “.us,” to direct people to your main site.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Recommendations: This plan includes automated recommendations for how to make your website and its individual pages more likely to appear at the top of search engine results.
- Content Testing Tools: This plan enables you to conduct “A/B” tests on your content to see which version is more effective, according to your own business goals.
- Content Staging Feature: Update and add to your website in a separate staging area so you can test changes without actually altering your live website.
- Enhanced Live Customer Support: In addition to chat and email support, this plan includes phone support with HubSpot staff.
The HubSpot CMS Hub Professional plan costs $400 per month when billed monthly or $360 per month when billed annually for a total of $4,320.
Ideal Users of This Plan
Larger businesses with extensive marketing teams will find the HubSpot CMS Hub Professional plan attractive for its personalization features, enhanced reporting, and flexible marketing tools.
Check out the HubSpot CMS Hub Professional plan for $360 per month.
HubSpot CMS Hub Enterprise Plan
The HubSpot CMS Hub Enterprise plan provides all the core offerings included with the previous two plans plus fewer limits, expanded marketing tools, and deep customization of the customer experience.
This plan gives you very detailed control over how customers and potential customers see your website.
- Support for Membership-Only Pages/Content: You can set different parts of your website to require a visitor to log in with a username and password.
- Web App Development Tools: With HubSpot’s built-in tools, you can create web apps to live on your website, such as calculators, event portals, or learning management systems.
- Additional Root Domains: This plan enables you to manage up to 10 different domains from one HubSpot account with more available for an extra fee.
- Adaptive Testing Tools: HubSpot uses artificial intelligence (AI) to expand content testing beyond “A/B” testing, allowing you to more efficiently create the most effective website possible as your business evolves.
- Extensive CRM Services: This plan includes many extra features tailored to large companies with multiple active marketing teams.
The HubSpot CMS Hub Enterprise plan costs $1,200 per month and can only be billed annually for a total of $14,400.
Ideal Users of This Plan
The HubSpot CMS Hub Enterprise plan suits high-volume businesses with large teams and multiple subsidiaries. Because it allows users to manage hundreds of marketing, sales, and support teams organized by custom hierarchies, this plan provides great flexibility for software companies, nationally distributed consulting firms, and even marketing firms that need to manage multiple disparate websites for clients.
See all the CRM features of the HubSpot CMS Hub Enterprise plan today.
Now that you know what each HubSpot CMS Hub plan can offer your business, you can decide if one of these plans is right for you. If you think HubSpot’s marketing, sales, customer service, and/or operations services might be of use to your business, you can get a considerable discount by building your own custom bundle of services.
Want to start creating a HubSpot website today? Check out our How To Build a HubSpot Website guide for step-by-step instructions.
HubSpot is a powerful tool for businesses with overlapping website and marketing needs.
Businesses often add customer relationship management capabilities to their websites by cobbling together many third-party services. From generating leads and managing customer experiences to customizing content to fit specific customers or groups, HubSpot offers CRM tools built directly into its CMS Hub website builder.