Last Updated: June 6, 2024, 10:23 am by TRUiC Team

How Do I Change My Registered Agent in Alaska?

You can complete an Alaska change of registered agent by filling out and submitting a Statement of Change form to the Department of Commerce, Community and Economic Development.

We'll guide you in navigating through the required steps to complete the paperwork.

Or, a registered agent service can handle everything for you.

Recommended: Northwest ($125/year) will help you file your change of registered agent paperwork and pay the state filing fee.

Couple meeting with registered agent, shaking hands.

Changing Alaska Registered Agents

Whether you’re changing registered agent services, your agent has resigned, or you want to be your own agent, you can follow the steps below to make the change.

Changing Your Registered Agent When Using a Professional Service

If you are hiring a new service, they will file the necessary paperwork for you. 

The benefits of using a professional service are: 

  • Less Risk: A professional service will ensure that you don’t miss important legal documents or notifications (e.g., service of process, etc.).
  • More Flexibility: A service will always be present to receive service of process during normal business hours so that you don’t have to be.
  • Privacy: If you act as your own agent, your name and address will become public record. Using a service will help keep your information private. You’ll also avoid receiving lawsuit-related documents in front of your clients.
  • Peace of mind: Using a service allows you to focus on running and growing your business.
How to Start an LLC Tip Icon

Let’s Find the Right Registered Agent for Your Business

We’ve tested and reviewed the most popular registered agent services.

Changing Your Registered Agent by Mail, Fax, or In Person

Before you can change to a new registered agent, you will need to select the correct form for your business entity:

For full instructions, read the applicable Statement of Change form.

Changing Your Registered Agent by Fax

To submit your Statement of Change by fax, complete the appropriate Statement of Change form and send it to (907) 465-2974, along with the $25 fee. Fax filings can only pay by credit card. 

Changing Your Registered Agent In Person

You can also drop the form off in person. To do so, fill out the correct business entity form above and visit the following address in person:

333 Willoughby Ave., 9th Floor
State Office Building
Juneau, AK 99801-1770

In-person filings can be paid by cash, check, money order, or credit card. 

Changing Your Registered Agent by Mail

Perhaps the most popular option of the three, you can mail your Statement of Change form to the following address:

State of Alaska
Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development
Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing
P.O. Box 110806
Juneau, AK 99811

Mail filings can be paid by check, money order, or credit card.


If you are changing your registered agent for a corporation or limited liability company (LLC), you will need to file a Statement of Change form with the Alaska Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing for $25.

According to Alaska registered agent requirements, an individual or entity may serve as its own registered agent if it meets certain qualifications. They must have a physical address in Alaska, be available during regular business hours, be 18+ years old, and must consent to be appointed as the registered agent.

No, Alaska does not offer businesses the option to change their registered agent online. To change your agent you may fax, mail, or submit your Statement of Change form in person.

Related Articles

Should You Use a Registered Agent Service

Can I Be My Own Registered Agent

Best Alaska Registered Agent Service

What is an LLC?

How to Form an LLC in Alaska

Best LLC Formation Services in Alaska