Best Business Credit Monitoring Services
Hiring an online credit monitoring service allows you to build your business credit faster and can help your business to get financing when you need it. Numerous online credit monitoring companies will monitor your business credit for a fee. We reviewed and ranked the five best business credit monitoring services.
It is essential to choose a credit monitoring service that will help you avoid late payments, fraud, and misreporting. There are many different options out there.
Three factors are important when choosing the best business credit monitoring service:
- The platform's overall features
- Cost and value
- User experience
This review will show you the top credit monitoring services, what they offer, and how they compare with one another.
Our Top-Rated Business Credit Monitoring Services for 2021:
- Nav is the best business credit monitoring service overall. You can view credit reports, improve your business credit score, and obtain business financing.
- Dun & Bradstreet CreditMonitor™ is best for business insights and data analytics. It offers real-time credit score data to help you strategically plan and grow your business.
- Experian is best for measuring financial health. It monitors your business credit report at all the major business credit bureaus.
- Credit Suite is best for understanding lender requirements. It helps you get lending by teaching you what lenders look for when deciding to extend credit.
- CreditSafe is best for monitoring other businesses. It helps you understand the financial health of companies you may want to partner with.
We chose Nav as the best overall credit monitoring service for small businesses. Nav's platform is packed full of useful features, is fairly priced, and provides business customers a fantastic overall user experience and insights into the business credit bureaus. Customers love Nav!
We also chose Dun & Bradstreet as the best choice for deeper insights into your business because they offer incredible analytics and data reports.
Continue reading our full breakdown of all five credit monitoring providers below. You'll find more information about Nav and Dun & Bradstreet, as well as our other top business credit monitoring services.
Our free guide teaches you how to build business credit to help your business obtain financing and improve cash flow.
Best Business Credit Monitoring Services: Breakdown
1. Nav: Free to $49.99/month
Based on overall quality, we highly recommend Nav when choosing a credit monitoring service for your small business. Nav offers a clean feature-rich platform, access to all your business credit reports, access to your business credit scores, and the best credit monitoring service starting at only $29 per year.
Note: Nav also offers the best free business credit monitoring service, which, while it does not provide full access to your report, gives a letter grade to let you know how well your business is doing.
- Free plan for those on a tight budget
- Low-cost plans that get you everything
- Great customer feedback from Trustpilot customer reviews
- Loads of features (credit file, credit scores, business's credit history, payment history, several business credit bureaus)
- Access to a personal credit report, personal credit score, and credit monitoring
- Nav credit monitoring comes with a free plan; however, you don't get access to your actual business credit score, so you can't check your business credit. You only get a letter grade to indicate how well your business is doing.
Nav's Pricing and Features
Nav offers one free package and three paid packages. The
- Summaries of Dun & Bradstreet, Equifax, and Experian business credit scores and credit reports
- Summaries of Experian personal credit scores and credit reports
- 24/7 business and personal credit alerts
- MatchFactor financing marketplace
- Cash flow insights and alerts
- One-on-one access to credit and lending specialists
Business Manager: $29.99/month
- All features from the Free package
- Detailed business credit reports and business credit scores from Dun & Bradstreet, Experian, and Equifax
- Detailed personal credit reports and personal credit scores from Experian and TransUnion
- Error disputes on credit reports
- Identity restoration service with a one-on-one identity specialist
- Up to $1 million in identity theft restoration
- Credit report follow-ups
- Discounted quarterly pricing plans
Business Boost: $39.99/month
- All features from the Business Manager package
- Tradeline reporting
Business Loan Builder: $49.99/month
- All features from the Business Boost package
- FICO Small Business Scoring Service℠ (SBSS) score
In all, Nav offers the best monitoring services for small business owners seeking to establish business credit. Nav's packages include more valuable features, you can find a plethora of positive feedback online, and the company offers a seamless customer experience.
Best Credit Monitoring Service: Nav
Nav is the overall best online business credit monitoring service, providing many features at an affordable price.
2. Dun & Bradstreet CreditMonitor: $39/month
Dun & Bradstreet CreditMonitor provides great value when it comes to business credit analytics and insights.
Dun & Bradstreet CreditMonitor Pros
- Helps you know more about your credit score, spending habits, and other important financial information. It provides a monthly summary of your credit report that includes any changes in your score, as well as an alert if anything suspicious has occurred with your information
- Protects you against identity theft by providing services such as fraud alerts, data breach notifications, dark web monitoring, and access to online fraud protection tools
- Helps ensure that creditors do not re-file past late payments on your account without permission from you first
- You get full access to your Dun & Bradstreet Paydex score (a business credit score)
Dun & Bradstreet CreditMonitor Cons
- No access to other credit reporting agencies' credit reports or business credit profiles (e.g., Equifax Business credit file, etc.).
Dun & Bradstreet CreditMonitor Pricing and Features
Dun & Bradstreet CreditMonitor is $39 per month and gets you a lot of features, including:
- 24/7 access to your Dun & Bradstreet business credit file
- Ability to monitor your business credit file in real-time
- Ability to view your D&B scores and business credit report
- Insights and valuable analytics to help protect and grow your business
- Notifications when other businesses make inquiries about your business
- Dark web monitoring of up to two business email addresses
Best Business Insights: Dun & Bradstreet CreditMonitor
Dun & Bradstreet CreditMonitor is one of the best business credit monitoring services if you need detailed analytics and data, want to focus on building your Dun & Bradstreet credit profile and Paydex score, and need fewer other monitoring services.
3. Experian Business Credit Advantage: $189/year
Experian is best for measuring financial health to see how well your business is performing. Experian Business Credit Advantage offers you the ability to monitor changes in your report, giving you peace of mind knowing you can keep tabs on how fast and how far your business credit line is growing.
Experian Business Credit Advantage Pros
- 24/7 access to the tools you need to manage and build business credit
- Ability to stay up to date with your credit file
- Real-time access to your credit score
- Maximize your Paydex score and build your company reputation
Experian Business Credit Advantage Cons
- Service doesn't offer any protection against identity theft or fraud
Experian Business Credit Advantage Pricing and Features
Experian Business Credit Advantage is $189 per year and offers a full credit report with many features, such as:
- Business Credit Dashboard that displays three months of credit trends
- Continuous credit monitoring and email updates on credit report updates
- Access to CyberAgent identity monitoring technology
- Monitoring of specific credit factors, including trade payments, collection filings, UCC filings, judgment filings, tax lien filings, and leasing
- Experian Financial Stress Rating and Score Improvement Tips to help better business credit
Best Financial Health Tracking: Experian Business Credit Advantage
You can use Experian Business Credit Advantage not only to monitor your own business's financial health but also to get a birds-eye view of all your tradelines and business information on your credit report.
4. Credit Suite Monitoring: $24/month
Credit Suite helps small businesses improve their credit score. By taking advantage of the latest technology, Credit Suite can help small businesses monitor their business loan repayments while providing them with monthly reports on how they are doing in terms of repayment and managing their debt.
Credit Suite teaches you what lenders look for when deciding to approve a business loan application.
Credit Suite Monitoring Pros
- Fast, easy, and affordable business credit report monitoring
- Get your Dun & Bradstreet Paydex business credit score, Experian Intelliscore business credit score, and Equifax Business Delinquency score all in one place with automatic email alerts
- Get all the data you need reported back to you on a simple one-page layout that doesn't require any complicated graphs or charts
Credit Suite Monitoring Cons
- No free services, but a three-month trial is available
Credit Suite Monitoring Pricing and Features
Credit Suite Business Monitor is $24 per month and offers the following reports:
- Dun & Bradstreet Paydex business credit score
- Experian Intelliscore business credit score
- Equifax Business Delinquency Score
Each report contains business details such as:
- D-U-N-S Number (Dun & Bradstreet) and BIN (Experian)
- Basic company details (history, number of employees, and overall revenue)
- Credit summaries (tradelines, balances, public business records, and UCC filings)
- Payment details (number of active accounts, credit trends, delinquencies, and balances)
- Utilization insight (percentage of credit utilization, average utilization, and current balances)
- Credit quality comparisons to company competitors
- Factors that negatively impact your credit score
Best for Business Loan Planning: Credit Suite Monitoring
Credit Suite is the best choice if you want deep insights into the business credit bureaus, credit scores for your business, and what lenders look for when approving business loans.
5. CreditSafe: Call for a price quote
CreditSafe is a credit monitoring service that helps companies keep a close eye on their customers and suppliers. CreditSafe is best for monitoring other businesses in your industry.
CreditSafe also provides timely alerts and updates to keep your credit scores up and running. It works behind the scenes to monitor your creditworthiness without any extra input from you, so you avoid costly errors that could cause massive financial issues.
- User-friendly interface
- Unique and customizable features for easier customer experience
- Access to your credit scores (e.g., Paydex scores, Equifax Business Credit, etc.), limits, and all changes
- Keep track of any changes for a company name or address
- Powerful notifications and alerts system.
- 24/7 local and international team of experts available for questions
- CreditSafe does not list its pricing on its website. You must call to get a quote.
CreditSafe Pricing and Features
CreditSafe does not list its pricing on its website; you must call to get a quote. When we called, they quoted us a rate of $39 per month.
For their credit report services, CreditSafe provides three standardized packages but notes that additional features may be available for further customization.
- Freedom access to business credit reports
- US Officer Reports
- Media Solutions
- Five international credit reports
- Up to 100 monitored businesses
- 3D portfolio management
- 1,000 US marketing data records
- All features from the Standard package
- 50 international credit reports (15 available for Canada and Mexico)
- Up to 500 monitored businesses
- 500 international marketing data records
- All features from the Plus package
- 150 international (30 available for Canada and Mexico)
- Freedom access to business monitoring
- 1,000 international marketing data records
Best for Business Monitoring: CreditSafe
You can use CreditSafe not only to monitor your own business's financial health but also the health of competitors and businesses you already or might in the future want to do business with.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a business credit report?
A business credit report is a document that contains information that goes into a company’s financial and credit history. Lenders can use this information to help determine whether to provide loans or not. The better a company's business credit report, the more likely a business may be approved for a business loan.
How do I monitor business credit?
When businesses want to monitor their credit for fraud, they can use a service such as Equifax.
Other companies offer credit monitoring services that work on a subscription basis. A good way for businesses to monitor their credit is by setting up automated alerts on various credit reports and comparing them with other companies’ credit reports.
Can a small business report to credit bureaus?
A small business can and should voluntarily report its profits and other business information to business credit bureaus. This ensures it is building business credit to get higher lines of credit, which will increase the overall value of the business.
How do I look up business credit scores?
The easiest way to look up a business credit score is to use a business credit monitoring service like Nav. Companies like Nav monitor your small credit reports and each business credit score making them available in real-time.
Alternatively, you can approach each independent business credit bureau separately to find out your scores this way. However, this process may cost more and consume more of your time, so it's not recommended.
Credit scores are usually an important factor that lenders use to determine whether a business is a good risk to loan money to (e.g., business credit cards, etc.). They typically consider credit, income, assets, a business’s formation structure, debt-to-income ratio, and other factors when deciding whether or not to approve a loan.
There are four main sources of credit scores:
- Dun & Bradstreet Paydex Score
- FICO score
- Experian Small Business Score
- Equifax Business Score
How do I access business credit reports?
To access your business credit report, contact Dun & Bradstreet, Experian Small Business, or Equifax and request a copy.
Business credit reports help evaluate a company’s financial health and financial stability. They are also helpful in keeping track of your company’s debt and credit rating to monitor for unexpected changes.
Note that each company will have different requirements you'll need to comply with to obtain a copy of your report. The easiest way around this time-consuming and often frustrating process is to subscribe to a business credit monitoring service like Nav.
How do I look up a company's business credit report?
The easiest way to look up a company's credit report is to go through a business credit monitoring service like CreditSafe. CreditSafe gives you access to all major credit reports for businesses.
Alternatively, you can contact Dun & Bradstreet to look up a business's credit report and its Paydex score for free.
Are credit monitoring services worth it?
Credit monitoring services can help you identify potential credit risks. They can also help you maintain your credit score, which helps build a positive credit history.
The downside of using these services is that they are not free, and the cost may be too much for some people.
To avoid spending money on a service that might not benefit you, it’s important to know what else they can do for you.
Which credit reporting agency is most accurate?
The short answer to which business credit reporting agency is most accurate is, “it depends.” There are a lot of different factors that can impact the accuracy of business credit reports.
Some things you can do to improve your accuracy rate are:
- Keep track of all your credit limits and make sure that your accounts are listed on accurate records
- Pay your bills on time and in full every month to avoid late payments and high interest rates
- Maintain a good credit score by paying off debts, keeping balances low, and using revolving accounts sparingly
What is a good credit score for a business?
Each business credit bureau has a different credit scoring system. The higher the score in each rating system, the better a company's business credit rating and the more options a business has to build business credit.
A high credit score will allow you to borrow money more easily, which allows you to grow your business and get ahead of the competition (e.g., getting a business credit card).
A high credit score will also give you the upper hand in negotiating with suppliers or even getting a loan from the bank.