Before You Begin
BigCommerce includes a 15-day free trial— no credit card required— automatically when you create your account; although to publish your website, you will need to purchase one of the company’s essential plans. Each of these comes with its own unique features, so it’s crucial you know what those are before you make a purchase.
The BigCommerce Standard Plan
The BigCommerce Standard plan in the introductory tier to the platform. This plan has all of the tools you need to help you get your small ecommerce business up and running smoothly.
While these features may seem standard, it’s still important to understand what each of them provides. That’ll help you make an informed decision about which plan best suits your business.
- Access to BigCommerce’s Page Builder software: Design your own website in an afternoon using BigCommerce’s Page Builder and editing suite.
- Sell up to $50k annually: For smaller stores, this amount may be perfectly suited to the needs of your small business.
- No transaction fees: Enjoy zero transaction fees on customer purchases.
- Unlimited staff accounts: This allows you to add as many team members as you like to your website’s account.
- 24/7 support: Stay in constant contact with BigCommerce’s team of experts to resolve issues as soon as they arise.
- Popular payment gateways: Integrate your digital store with payment gateways like PayPal and Braintree.
- Single page checkout: Let your customers fill in all the information required to make a purchase on a single page.
- Marketplace and social integrations: These integrations include popular social media platforms like Facebook, and allow you to easily sell on a variety of digital platforms from Amazon to eBay.
- Point of sale (POS) integrations: Connect your website to your existing point of sale system for seamless online transactions. This feature works with Square and Clover.
- Free HTTPS and dedicated SSL: Provide customers with the highest degree of security and encryption for each transaction.
- BigCommerce mobile app: Edit your site and sell from anywhere with this handy feature.
- Real-time shipping quotes: Never worry about having to do math on the fly, this built-in feature calculates everything for you.
- Coupons: Offer new and loyal shoppers discount codes and gift cards.
- Product ratings and reviews: Build customer trust by highlighting reviews on your products.
The BigCommerce Standard plan is priced at $29.95 a month, but users who bill annually save nearly 10% by receiving the first month free of charge.
Ideal Users of This Plan
The BigCommerce Standard plan is designed for small startups that do not need high limits on customer purchases.
This plan is perfect for boutiques and other local businesses operating on small margins, that still want to take advantage of some of the essential tools that BigCommerce provides.
Discover what BigCommerce has to offer. The BigCommerce Standard plan starts at $29.95/month, begin with a free trial.
The BigCommerce Plus Plan
The BigCommerce Plus plan includes all of the features of the Standard Plan, with a few upgrades. At this pricing tier, certain features and additional tools are available to help retain customer engagement.
This plan comes with all the core offerings of the Standard plan, as well as some added features:
- Sell up to $180k annually: A dramatic increase over the Standard plan to help growing businesses keep up with increased revenue.
- Reduced credit card rates: The more transactions you field, the more you will benefit from reduced credit card rates via PayPal and powered by Braintree.
- Customer groups: Separate customers into groups based on common characteristics so you can tailor your marketing strategy accordingly.
- Abandoned cart saver: Send customers email reminders on abandoned carts and retain information on abandoned carts for analytics.
- Persistent cart: Restore items in abandoned carts when customers return to your website.
- Stored credit cards: Save customer credit card information so you can process future orders more quickly.
The BigCommerce Plus plan is priced at $79.95 a month, but users who bill annually save nearly 10% by receiving the first month free of charge.
Ideal Users of This Plan
The BigCommerce Plus plan was designed with the company’s strategy of growing with your business in mind. This plan will allow you to enjoy all of the features of the Standard plan but will also adapt to the needs of your emerging business, making this a great fit for retailers ready to offer more products or expand sales.
See what BigCommerce can do for you. The BigCommerce Plus plan starts at $79.95/month and is a great fit for growing businesses.
The BigCommerce Pro Plan
The BigCommerce Pro plan includes all of the features of the previous two plans, as well as some substantial upgrades. These added features will help to scale your business and improve customer experience overall.
The BicCommerce Pro plan comes with all the core offerings of the previous plans as well as these added features:
- Sell up to $400k annually: This plan allows you to grow your small business into a small empire with a high limit on annual sales.
- Reduced transaction fee: Enjoy the minimum credit card fees on all transactions.
- Product Filtering: Help customers easily find the product they’re looking for using faceted search technology.
- Custom SSL: This allows you to customize your security certificates to meet your company’s security and encryption requirements.
The BigCommerce Pro plan is priced at $299.95 a month, but users who bill annually save nearly 10% by receiving the first month free of charge.
Ideal Users of This Plan
The BigCommerce Pro plan is for established companies doing a large amount of business online. The increased revenue amounts allow you to scale your business, and the additional product filtering tools easily let users browse a website with a large inventory.
See how far your company can grow with BigCommerce. Check out the BigCommerce Pro plan starting at $299.95/month.
The BigCommerce Enterprise Plan
The BigCommerce Enterprise plan is a full-service open platform with more customizations available to help power your company’s success. This plan is geared toward large companies and is structured around your exact needs.
This plan differs the most from the previous offerings, as it is an elite tier structured around the exact needs of your business. Some of the features you can expect to find in the BigCommerce Enterprise plan include:
- Product filtering: Customize filters to allow customers to browse large inventories as easily as possible.
- Price lists: Offer variant-level price overrides based on customer groups, such as reduced prices shown to wholesale customers vs. retail.
- Unlimited API calls: No restrictions on the number of API requests for your website.
- No gross merchandise value (GMV) limits: This feature includes custom pricing and allows you to sell as much GMV annually as your company can handle.
- Priority support: Receive express routing and jump to the front of the line for support from BigCommerce’s team of experts.
- Strategic account management available: Strategic account management gives you access to a team of account managers, including one-on-one support for eligible customers.
- API support: Customer support for API request issues with express routing for your inquiry.
The BigCommerce Enterprise plan is priced individually. Customers can contact the company’s sales team at (866) 991-0872 to receive a quote.
Ideal Users of This Plan
The BigCommerce Enterprise plan is designed for large enterprises with high revenue in need of tailored services and expanded priority support from the BigCommerce team.
You should now have a clearer picture of BigCommerce’s plans and pricing, as well as the features, attributes, and benefits included with each plan. Once you’ve found one to suit the needs of your small business, all that’s left is to get started designing your new online store.