Web.com Pricing and Plans for Small Businesses in [Current Year]
Web.com is a well-known website hosting and domain registration company, but it has become quite popular for its simple, do-it-yourself (DIY) website builder. The drag-and-drop interface is one of the easiest to use, even for business owners with no experience in building a website.
Whether you just need a simple homepage explaining your business and how to get in touch or you need ecommerce options for a large online store, Web.com has a plan for you. This Web.com pricing guide will go over the differences in features and pricing in Web.com’s website builder plans.
Recommended: After extensive research, we at TRUiC have found the Web.com Business Essentials plan to be a great fit for most any small business.
Before You Begin
Because the company offers so many different services, Web.com’s website can be a bit overwhelming. But rest assured, the Web.com website builder plans are as easy to understand as they are easy to use. And the rest of Web.com’s services — including site hosting, domain registration, and security tools — are included in the Web.com website builder plans.
Web.com Website Builder Pricing and Plans
The Web.com website builder has four “DIY Builder”plans: Website Essentials, Business Essentials, Ecommerce Essentials, and Ecommerce Premium. As the names imply, you will need to use the Ecommerce Essentials or Ecommerce Premium plans if you need to build a web store on your site.
Web.com offers a substantial introductory discount. After the introductory discounted term, the plan renews at the full amount. So if you sign up to pay monthly, your first month will be substantially discounted. But you can get more savings when you sign up for an annual plan, because you save for the whole first year, instead of just the first month.
Web.com Website Essentials Plan
The Web.com Website Essentials plan doesn’t have any ecommerce functionality, but it includes most of Web.com’s core offerings, which cover the necessary components of a website. The website builder itself is of course easy to learn and very full-featured on any plan, so you’ll be able to build a beautiful, welcoming website for your business.
The Web.com Website Essentials plan includes the main features of any website builder, plus a few that are not offered in other builders’ most basic plans.
- Website Builder: The Web.com website builder is robust and easy to use, even including coaching to help you along with your first steps. Templates and themes allow you to customize the perfect website for your company.
- Custom Domain Connection: Web.com provides registration of a custom domain name for your web address. This is free for the life of your Web.com service.
- Domain Privacy: Web.com will hide your personal information from the registry of domain names. This often costs extra from other providers, but it is free with Web.com.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Certificate: Industry-standard security lets you and your customers know your website is safe. You get a free SSL certificate for one year.
- Social Media Integration: Engage with your customers via social media with the ability to embed your Instagram feed or include buttons to like and share your content on social media.
- Google Verification: Web.com will handle submitting your website to Google for verification to ensure your site is included in Google search results.
- Website Analytics: Web.com’s analytics dashboard will give you some basic engagement statistics including page views and how visitors arrived at your site. You can also easily connect Google Analytics to your Web.com dashboard.
- Professional Email: Every Web.com plan comes with up to five email addresses ending with your business name or website address. This service often costs extra from other website builders and is a nice bonus for Web.com users.
- 24/7 Support: Web.com’s technical support staff are always available via chat, phone, or email. They even offer design support to help you craft an attractive website.
With an annual contract, the Web.com Website Essentials plan costs $4.95 per month for the first year, and $9.99 per month when billed annually after that. When billed by the month, it costs $1.95 for the first month, and then $14.99 per month after that.
Ideal Users of This Plan
The Web.com Website Essentials plan is one of the few introductory-level website plans that truly includes all the basic needs for a secure, convenient website. Though it does not include many marketing tools or ecommerce functionality, it is an excellent choice for creatives who want to build a striking portfolio of their work, or for businesses such as restaurants and service-based companies that do most of their business offline.
Try the Web.com Website Essentials plan now for as low as $4.95 per month!
Web.com Business Essentials Plan
The Web.com Business Essentials plan doesn’t have ecommerce capability, but it does include some basic online marketing tools to help define and grow your business online.
The Web.com Business Essentials plan includes the same core offerings as the Website Essentials plan. However, it adds a few helpful marketing tools to make sure your business is easy to find for potential customers.
- Search Engine and Database Submission: Web.com will make sure your website appears in all the major search engines’ results, as well as submit your site to local business directories.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Web.com will perform monthly SEO checkups to let you know if your site is set up to rise to the top of search results, providing you with checklists for tasks to complete to update your SEO ranking.
- Logo Builder: If you don’t already have a simple, eye-catching logo for your business, Web.com has a built-in tool to help you design one.
With an annual contract, the Web.com Business Essentials plan costs $7.95 per month for the first year, and $14.99 per month when billed annually after that. When billed by the month, it costs $3.95 for the first month, and then $19.99 per month after that.
Ideal Users of This Plan
Like the Website Essentials plan, the Web.com Business Essentials plan is well suited to freelancers or businesses without online stores. However, its SEO tools make it an excellent choice for any business owner looking to ramp up the growth of their company.
Check out the Web.com Business Essentials plan starting at $7.95 per month.
Web.com Ecommerce Essentials Plan
The Web.com Ecommerce Essentials plan is the least expensive Web.com option that allows for an online store. If you need to sell products online, whether shippable physical products or downloadable digital ones, you will need to choose either the Ecommerce Essentials or Ecommerce Premium plan.
Web.com’s Ecommerce Essentials plan offers all of the features of the plans described above, plus the basics for starting an online store.
- Online Store With Unlimited Products: With no limit to products or product categories, you can get started with the Ecommerce Essentials plan no matter the size of your catalog.
- Secure Payments: With payments processed by PayPal or Stripe, you can securely accept payment online, even allowing for cash payment on delivery, in-store pickup, tipping, manual orders for invoicing, and more.
- Built-In Shipping Tools: Connect to major shipping options and print labels directly from your Web.com dashboard. Get real-time shipping rates in your checkout process.
- Discount Codes: Offer coupons to your customers to increase engagement and sales.
- Social Media Sales: Link your store to Facebook and Instagram marketplaces to sell your products directly through social media posts.
- Synchronized Inventory: No matter how you sell an item, when you update your inventory on Web.com, it will synchronize everywhere it is sold — even if you keep items in multiple physical warehouses or other locations.
The Web.com Business Essentials plan costs $13.95 per month for the first year, and $25.99 per month when billed annually after that. When billed by the month, it costs $9.95 for the first month, and then $32.99 per month after that.
Ideal Users of This Plan
The Web.com Ecommerce Essentials plan is a good choice for small-to-medium ecommerce stores. Smaller retail companies, artists, and other makers will probably find this plan covers all their needs. Larger retail companies that need to handle relationships with sellers, buyers, and third-party fulfillment centers will need to look into the Web.com Ecommerce Premium plan.
Try the Web.com Ecommerce Essentials plan starting at $13.95 per month.
Web.com Ecommerce Premium Plan
The Web.com Ecommerce Premium plan is very similar to the Ecommerce Essentials plan, but with features tailored to companies with a high volume of sales in various warehouses and fulfillment centers.
The core offerings of the Web.com Ecommerce Premium plan are the same as the core offerings of the plans above, but with advanced ecommerce tools.
- Marketplace Selling: Web.com can connect your store to third-party marketplaces, allowing you to sell products on major websites including Etsy, eBay, Google, Walmart, and even Amazon.
- Automated Third-Party Fulfillment: You can link your sales to third-party order fulfillment companies and not worry about picking and shipping orders yourself. Web.com even allows Amazon multi-channel fulfillment, allowing you to store your products in Amazon warehouses and have Amazon fulfill the orders, even if they were ordered from your website.
- Restock Management: You can set your Web.com store to automatically place orders from your suppliers when your stock gets low, ensuring you always have products when you receive orders.
- Barcode Creation: Use Web.com’s barcode tool to create scannable tags for your items to speed up the fulfillment and inventory processes.
With an annual contract, the Web.com Ecommerce Premium plan costs $19.95 per month for the first year, and $39.99 per month when billed annually after that. When billed by the month, it costs $24.95 for the first month, and then $49.99 per month after that.
Ideal Users of This Plan
The Web.com Ecommerce Premium plan is designed for complex order fulfillment for large-scale retail companies. Fashion companies, booksellers, and other businesses that frequently both buy and sell products will find its tools necessary for running a large retail web store.
Try the Web.com Ecommerce Premium plan starting at $19.95 per month.
With these insights into the features and pricing of each Web.com website builder plan, you can make an informed decision about which plan is right for your business.
Whichever plan you choose, you can trust that Web.com’s reliable tech and 24/7 support will help you keep your website working perfectly as you use it to grow your business.