PR Newswire Press Release Distribution Summary
PR Newswire offers a variety of press release distribution packages for new businesses. PR Newswire focuses mainly on specifically targeting select demographics when distributing press releases. It could be a national campaign or a message for the local area. PR Newswire’s press release targeting capabilities are why they rank on our list of the best press release distribution services for 2021.
Recommended: If you need both press release writing and distribution services with targeted distribution, you may want to check out SiteTrail. SiteTrail offers both writing and distribution services in highly targeted, low-cost packages.
Selecting the best press release distribution for your business comes down to three things:
- Company Reputation
- Services and features
- Overall Value, which includes cost
PR Newswire Press Release Distribution Summary
PR Newswire offers extremely targeted press release distribution packages to fit diverse business needs. Its ultra-targeted press release distribution network is what makes it a great choice for any businesses needing to get the word out in a focused direction.
PR Newswire Reputation
In business, reputation is as important as the services and value you offer your customers. PR Newswire maintains an excellent reputation according to reviews found on Trustpilot.
PR Newswire Press Release Distribution Services
- State and Local — Distribution to over 1,000 targeted, local media outlets and websites.
- Regional — Regional press release distribution to 13 surrounding states in your region.
- National — National press release distribution to over 4,500 targeted media outlets of varying types.
- Wide range of contacts in all areas
- Geographical plans make it easy to appeal to a specific area.
- Reporting for every outlet that publishes your press release
- Little cost transparency
- Additional costs for multimedia such as photos, audio, or videos.
- Annual membership fee is required.
How to Submit a PR Newswire Press Release
Follow these steps to set up an account and get your press release distributed through PR Newswire:
- Visit PR Newswire and click on “Send a Release.”
- Sign up for a PR Newswire account.
- Choose your add-on services and distribution path.
- Get your press releases published through PR Newswire’s distribution network.
PR Newswire Review Ratings
- Reputation — 3/5
- Services — 3/5
- Value — 3/5
PR Newswire offers average value for small businesses overall, has one of the more target-specific press release distribution networks, but has maintained a rather questionable reputation amongst press release distribution companies. They have many recent customer complaints expressing how the company is a scam and how they overcharge. The opinion of many reviewers is that their services are lacking compared to other news release distribution companies, charging more for less and failing to deliver on their promises.
After carefully evaluating and reviewing many press release distribution service providers, Newswire makes it our list of the best press release distribution services for 2021 because of its highly targeted press release distribution.
Press Release FAQs
How do I write a press release?
Press releases are an effective way to generate free media coverage for your business. The best way to write a press release is to have a professional write one for you. However, writing a press release isn't impossible to write yourself.
Your first steps should be deciding what your objectives are, creating your specific objectives for your press release, and establishing your metrics.
Follow these basic tips on how to write a press release:
- Get a press release template.
- Brainstorm a powerful, attention-grabbing headline.
- Structure your paragraphs in order of importance, starting with the most important content.
- Add powerful and credible quotes to your press release to make it easy for journalists to use in their reporting.
- Make sure to add your company information.
What is a press release?
A press release, also called a news release, is an officially published statement issued to the media.
Submitting a press release is the best way to get your marketing message out in front of the public. This is because the internet is a vast array of information that is constantly updated. A press release is easily amplified and shared. Since the internet is vast, be sure that your press release’s content is well researched and relevant.
How do I send a press release?
If you're just starting out with your new online marketing campaign, you probably have a lot to learn about how to send a press release. This powerful marketing tool enables you to give more information about your product or service in an informative way, often in the form of a news article rather than a sales pitch.
As a result, it can be very time-consuming to learn how to send a press release, but if you follow these key strategies, you'll be well on your way to learning how to write a great press release. Also, you'll learn why it's important to submit original press releases — submitting boring templated articles to traditional media outlets can be a huge mistake. Finally, you'll learn about the specific guidelines that make good press releases stand out from the rest.
Steps to send a press release:
- Partner with a proven and reliable press release distribution service provider (preferably one that offers press release writing services).
- Check the press release before signing off on it.
- Let the press release distribution company send your press release to targeted media and news outlets.
Make sure to submit original press releases as they need to be company-specific in order to fit your brand and overall marketing strategy. Copying other press releases can detract from the brand, and you run the risk of losing your brand authority.
To stand out from the crowd, consider writing a powerful press release headline that instantly grabs the attention of readers. If readers aren’t interested in the headline, they won’t stick around to read the news.
How do I format a press release?
There are a lot of advantages to knowing how to format a press release. In addition to making your content look more professional, a well-formatted press release will allow the media to pick up your story faster and give you an opportunity to give details about the new product or service you're offering.
In short, good formatting makes it easier for the press release to be read by readers. It can even make the difference between landing on the front page or not making the cut.
Here are some basic tips on how to format a press release to get you started:
- Use a press release template to write your press release.
- Create a press release headline that draws attention and explains what your news is about in a concise manner.
- Write the most important aspects of your press release first.
- Use a boilerplate template to list your company information at the bottom of the press release.