Best Press Release Services
Selecting the best press release service for your business comes down to three factors:
- Performance history
In this review, we’ll look at some of the top distribution services and determine what makes them the best for business.
Our Top 6 Press Release Distribution Services for 2022:
- SiteTrail is our choice for best overall value and SEO services. It has the biggest media list, unlimited monthly packages to help you scale up, helps with SEO and offers some of the fastest writing and PR distribution.
- EIN Presswire is the most affordable. It does same-day distribution through its global distribution network.
- eReleases is a good choice for reaching journalists. It works with a network of journalists and uses an industry-targeted approach.
- PRWeb is a good cloud-based service. It gives businesses detailed online reports about their press releases.
- Newswire is our top choice for new businesses. It uses an extensive network of major media outlets and has a highly-rated service.
- PR Newswire is the best for local, state and national targeting. It offers targeted distribution services, depending on a business’s needs.
1. SiteTrail: Best Overall Value and SEO Services
SiteTrail offers the overall best PR services. This company is our favorite because it produces content that is trusted by readers and the media. It offers PR distribution and writing services. Its press releases are an excellent value because they are written by actual journalists trained in PR writing. Sitetrail’s track record proves it‘s doing something right.
How much does a press release cost? Here is a quick summary of what SiteTrail offers:
- Press Release and Editorial News ($399) — All writing included, where journalists will write seo-optimized content (one press release, one editorial news), with distribution via a PR wire and an editorial news publication.
- Unlimited Press Releases ($199/month) — For in-house writing teams, it offers an unlimited access pass that includes one journalist profile per client with 24/7 access to Google News.
- Weekly writing & distribution ($899/month) — Sitetrail will write one news editorial for your business each week and ensure your brand stays in Google News throughout the month.
- Premium Brand Awareness ($4950) — Be seen in the most prestigious media outlets and get high-SEO value from combined PR and SEO, with DO-Follow links from reliable trustworthy news sites. Receive strong endorsement from high-visibility news sites. Three editorials + two press releases with a viewership reach exceeding 120M viewers.
- Accelerated monthly SEO, PR & Google News plan ($6000/month) - Keep trending in the news and build 14 X high domain authority links per month. Earned organic links from some of the most authoritative sources in the world!
How to distribute a press release: Visit SiteTrail and click on “Press Release” at the top of the page. Then, select a package and check out.
- SEO and PR incorporated in highly trusted authorship
- One price for writing and distributing unique editorials or press releases
- The company offers unlimited monthly distribution to help businesses scale up quicker
- No contracts or hidden fees
- Rapid, one-day content production and distribution available
- To obtain trusted content will require a more strict editorial process.
- Getting into publications like Forbes and Entrepreneur can be costly, but they can arrange it.
Sitetrail content is trusted and delivers higher conversions in ecommerce. If by now you realize that duplicate newswire services do lead to trusted news content and you have lost time experimenting with the wrong low-cost options, then SiteTrail might prove to be a game changer. It is the only platform that can arrange authentic journalist articles without a paid media feel to it. Its expert writing service and strong media connections are the reason we selected it as our top choice for press release services. In addition, its five-star reviews on Trustpilot provide a lot of support for the company’s high-quality work.
To learn more, check out our SiteTrail Review
2. EIN Presswire: Most Affordable
EIN Presswire offers the most affordable service. This company is our next favorite because it specializes in global, SEO-friendly press release distribution. It also does media monitoring and tracking of press releases.
How much does a press release cost? Here is a quick summary of what EIN Presswire offers:
- Basic ($49.95) — Placement on EIN Presswire, 1 press release, 1 distribution channel, media monitoring, and SEO functions.
- Pro ($249) — Placement on EIN Presswire, 5 press releases, 3 distribution channels, SEO functions, media monitoring, and distribution to US radio and TV stations.
- Pro+ ($399) — Placement on EIN Presswire, 10 press releases, 5 distribution channels, distribution to US radio and TV stations, media monitoring, same-day distribution, SEO functions, and social media posting.
- Corporate ($999) — Placement on EIN Presswire, 50 press releases, 5 distribution channels, distribution to US radio and TV stations, media monitoring, same-day distribution, SEO functions, and social media posting.
How to distribute a press release: Visit EIN Presswire and click on “Submit Release.” Then, select a package and check out.
- Accessible pricing for small businesses
- Hyper-targeted press release distribution
- Global distribution
- No press release writing services
Distribution is limited to up to five channels, depending on your package
- To access all of the features EIN Presswire has to offer, you need an upgraded package
EIN Presswire’s prices are the reason we rank it so high for PR distribution. Though it doesn’t have any reviews on Trustpilot or other reputable ratings sites, it does have many satisfied customer reviews listed on its own website.
Here are some unverified reviews (pulled from EIN Presswire) by people who used EIN Presswire to help launch their businesses:
“We have used many PRs and we love this one the most. Works for our own presses and all of our clients' quarterlies! The upper-end packages are where the benefits really shine through! Can't buy enough 10 packs in a year, LOL. But seriously. ”
—William Nozak, Nozak Consulting
“EIN Presswire is easy to use, effective, with a big reach, at a fraction of the cost of other news release distributors. I love it. They have also allowed us to issue news releases on important topics, like animal agriculture's enormous role in climate change, that other news services have rejected, perhaps for fear of offending their big corporate clients. EIN Presswire is the real deal.”
— Jane Velez-Mitchell, Managing Editor, JaneUnChained.com
To learn more, check out our EIN Presswire Review.
3. eReleases: Top Choice for Reaching Journalists
eReleases offers the top service for reaching journalists. This company is our next favorite because it specializes in getting your industry-specific press release into the hands of journalists who report on your industry. It means you run less risk of your press release not being reported.
How much does a press release cost? Here is a quick summary of what eReleases offers:
- Buzz Builder ($299) — Distribution to an extensive list of media outlets and 100,000+ journalists, proof of distribution, 400-word count, and one industry targeted list.
- Newsmaker ($399) — Distribution to an extensive list of media outlets and 100,000+ journalists, proof of distribution, 500-word count, and two industry targeted lists.
- PR Pro ($599) — Distribution to an extensive list of media outlets and 100,000+ journalists, proof of distribution, 600-word count, three industry targeted lists, and PR True Pitch™ targeted distribution services.
How to distribute a press release: Visit eReleases and click on “Start My Order”. Then, select a package and check out.
- Wide range of contacts in all areas
- Geographical plans make appealing to a specific area easy
- Reporting for every outlet that publishes your press release
- Pricey basic package
- Limited word count
- Multimedia additions and writing services cost extra
eReleases’s journalistic reach is the reason we thought it deserved a place on our list for PR distribution. Its high reviews on the ShopperApproved/eReleases website should provide enough support for the company’s quality work.
Here are some verified reviews (pulled from ShopperApproved/eReleases) by people who used eReleases to help launch their businesses:
“eReleases is the best PR distribution company I have worked with in 30+ years. They are totally reliable and responsive and their order process is easy and efficient.”
“eReleases provides a very easy-to-navigate platform for uploading releases quickly and efficiently, with good communications from the editorial team. Plus, the releases get distributed via Cision/PR Newswire at a very competitive price, with follow-up on media hits via their emailed Visibility Reports. Overall, a win-win!”
To learn more, check out our eReleases Review.
4. PRWeb: A Good Cloud-Based Service
PRWeb is a good cloud-based choice. This company is another favorite because it specializes in online services. It can help your press releases do well online and reach a wide audience.
How much does a press release cost? Here is a quick summary of what PRWeb offers:
- Basic ($99) — Permanent hosting of a single press release on the PRWeb website to increase web visibility on Google, Bing, and more.
- Standard ($189) —Syndicate a press release on hundreds of media platforms and permanent hosting of a single release on the PRWeb website.
- Advanced ($289) — Email your press release directly to industry-focused influencers, permanent hosting of a single release on the PRWeb website, and syndicate it on hundreds of media platforms.
- Premium ($389) — Distribute your press release to industry-curated Twitter feeds and influential blogger networks, email your press release directly to industry-focused influencers, permanent hosting of a single release on the PRWeb website, and syndicate it on hundreds of media platforms.
How to distribute a press release: Visit PRWeb and click on “Start My Order”. Then, select a package and check out.
- Cloud-based online services
- Competitive pricing
- Real-time analytics reporting
- No proofreading, spellcheck, or auto-save features
- No regional distribution
- No multimedia input on the basic plan
PRWeb’s online specialty is the reason we give it a good rank for PR services. It has good reviews on Trustpilot which provide enough support for the company’s quality work.
Here are some verified reviews (pulled from Trustpilot) by people who used PRWeb to help launch their businesses:
“I am satisfied with their service. Customer support is good.”
“Horrible Service. Spent $ 289 and not a single backlink or visibility.”
“I used PRweb a few times and although the results weren't great they were acceptable. However without telling me they were taken over by Cision who are 10 times worse than PRweb ever were.”
To learn more, check out our PRWeb Review.
5. Newswire: Best for New Businesses
Newswire is our top choice for new businesses. This company is another favorite because it helps new businesses get the word out. It also offers writing services, though prices and fees can add up if you’re not careful.
How much does a press release cost? Here is a quick summary of what Newswire offers:
- Newswire Digital ($199) — Distribution to Newswire’s digital network, detailed analytics report, as well as a 500-words with six hyperlinks, image, video, and industry list included.
- Newswire Digital Plus ($449) —Distribution to Newswire’s expanded digital network, detailed analytics and visibility report, a two-tier editorial process, as well as a 500-words with six hyperlinks, image, video, and industry list included.
- Newswire State ($499) — Distribution to Newswire’s expanded digital network and state-specific media outlets, social media marketing, detailed analytics and visibility report, a two-tier editorial process, as well as a 500-words with six hyperlinks, image, video, and industry list included.
- Newswire National ($799) — Distribution to Newswire’s expanded digital network and national distribution to all 50 states, detailed analytics and visibility report, a two-tier editorial process, as well as a 500-words with six hyperlinks, image, video, and industry list included.
How to distribute a press release: Visit Newswire and click on “Let's Get Started - Press Release Distribution.” Then, select a package and check out.
- PR writing services with multimedia options for logos, audio, and videos
- Track performance of your releases, Google analytics, and location of your readers
- Newswire boasts an extensive database of journalists, making it possible to find the right market for your release and major media outlets such as Google and Twitter in their network
- No proofreading or editing available in the basic plan
- Higher costs than some competitors
- Basic plan offers limited distribution outlets
Newswire’s new business focus is the reason we rank it so high for PR distribution. Its high reviews on Trustpilot should provide enough support for the company’s high-quality work.
Here are some verified reviews (pulled from Trustpilot) by people who used eReleases to help launch their businesses:
“David was a huge help! Despite some phone issues beyond his control he continued to follow up and made sure we got our release out.”
“It was not published properly on the network website. Not worth using at this much cost..”
“Service was easy to use.”
To learn more, check out our Newswire Press Review.
6. PR Newswire: Best Location Targeting
PR Newswire is the best PR distribution for local, state, and national targeting. This company is another favorite because it targets specific locations to get the word out where it matters most.
How much does a press release cost? Here is a quick summary of what PR Newswire offers:
PR Newswire does not offer a list of prices on its website. However, you can visit its pricing guide or reach out directly to obtain a pricing quote for your business. The prices listed below are based on a 400-word press release.
Additionally, all businesses must pay an annual membership fee to use PR Newswire’s services, which starts at $195.
- State & Local ($350+/$355+) — Distribution to over 1,000 targeted, local media outlets and websites.
- Regional ($475+) — Regional press release distribution to 13 surrounding states in your region.
- National ($805/$835) — National press release distribution to over 4,500 targeted media outlets of varying types.
How to distribute a press release: Visit PR Newswire and click on “Get Started”. Then, fill out a submission form.
- Wide range of contacts in all areas
- Geographical plans make it easy to appeal to a specific area
- Reporting for every outlet that publishes your press release
- Little cost transparency
- Additional costs for multimedia such as photos, audio or videos
- Annual membership fee is required
Here are some unverified reviews (pulled from Trustpilot and TrustRadius) by people who used PR Newswire to help launch their businesses:
“It's VERY expensive. This is why it's difficult to recommend it to any clients on a budget. Smaller businesses and startups would be hard-pressed to pay hundreds of dollars to issue a press release. And the pricing goes up if you want to include a photo, etc. There are competitors who will do it for less … If you're a big company with a big budget, by all means, PR Newswire is a good fit.”
—Michelle Messenger Garrett
“I have gained nothing using PR Newswire, and if anything have wasted dozens of hours writing releases approved by their staff only to have them removed shortly after … I recommend looking at similar companies in this space. There are companies out there who get a similar exposure, are a fraction of the cost, and provide 10x more excellent customer service.”
“User-friendly - PR Newswire has a very user-friendly website that makes it simple and easy to get a news release set up for a distribution relatively quickly. You can also save your selections from a previous distribution to make it go even faster. Since I am pretty much always sending out my releases to the same distribution list, all I have to do is check that box.”
“Once a press release is sent up, PR Newswire follows up with visibility reports so you know how well your release did and if you need to do another or target specific reporters.”
To learn more, check out our PR Newswire Review.
You can go down this list, trying different press release services to find the one that best serves your business needs. All of the distribution services on this list have their pros and cons. They each have their own specializations.
We recommend starting with SiteTrail for the best distribution and writing services. It covers everything the other press release services do and its prices are lower than the rest on this list.
What is the best press release distribution service?
The best press release distribution service depends on your business’s needs, type, and budget. However, our best overall press release distribution service is SiteTrail that offers writing and distribution of optimized press releases for a flat fee.
What is a press release distribution service?
A press release distribution service helps businesses issue news to targeted channels including media outlets, influencers, journalists, and websites.
How do I distribute a press release for free?
If you’re on a budget, distributing a press release for free is possible by doing it yourself. This entails finding targeted distribution channels such as media outlets and industry journalists that will take interest in your announcement and publish it.
However, this process is very time consuming and requires commitment to finding destinations for your press release and following up with your chosen channels.
Are press releases worth it?
Press releases can be one of the most effective marketing tools available to small businesses. They can help boost SEO, increase traffic, and serve as an effective branding tactic for small business marketing.
How do you distribute a press release locally?
Find local channels such as new stations, radio stations, websites, and blogs. The key to successfully distributing press releases locally is to find contacts within each of these channels that are familiar with or interested in your industry to increase the likelihood of them publishing your press release.
Why do companies issue press releases?
There are many reasons a company will issue a press release; here are some of the most common ones:
- Easily brand your business.
- Increase foot traffic to your business.
- Effectively increase your website’s SEO and enhance your business’s online presence.
- Generate more sales by announcing a new product or service launch.
- Help your business gain momentum for an upcoming product release or business event.
- Help your business manage a crisis affecting your business.
Are press releases outdated?
As with any marketing strategy, the way press releases are written and distributed need to be updated with changing markets, technologies, and consumers. In their essence, press releases are not outdated; they can help boost SEO, drive foot traffic, and otherwise build your brand. However, it is imperative that you write effective press releases and are selective about the news you’re releasing.
How do I make my press release stand out?
Hire a professional writer to craft your press release or do substantial research on how to write a compelling press release yourself. Most importantly, be selective about the announcements you choose, selecting only newsworthy content to release.