WHAT TO INCLUDE IN A JOB DESCRIPTION
A good job description should include a company overview and job overview, as well as an explanation of the associated responsibilities, skills & qualifications, and work environment. Below are some general guidelines for writing each of these sections effectively.
1. COMPANY OVERVIEW
Providing an accurate, concise description of your business is a great way to attract the right employees. Think of this section as an advertisement for your company -- why should prospective employees want to join your team?
Some useful things to include here are:
- Core company values
- Mission statement
- Brief history of your organization
- Anticipated growth
- Business goals
2. JOB OVERVIEW
In a few sentences, describe the purpose, importance, and fundamental qualities of the position being offered. No need to be too specific or comprehensive here -- the idea is to provide a zoomed-out image of the role the applicant would be filling in your company.
This is where you’ll outline the specific day-to-day responsibilities of the job. Bullet-point format is typically the most practical way to present this information.
4. NECESSARY SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
List in bulleted format the skills & qualifications that are absolutely essential to this position. Consider as many specific conditions of the job as possible in order to create a complete list of qualifications an applicant must have in order to succeed.
5. PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
List in bulleted format the skills & qualifications that are not essential, but would make an applicant more eligible for the position being offered.
6. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Describe the environment in which the applicant would be spending most of their time. In this description, include information about:
- Company culture
- Pace of work
- Amount of collaborative vs. independent activity
- Who the employee will report to (or vice versa)
Escape Room Game Master Job Description
Below is our escape room game master job description. You can post it as-is to an online job board like ZipRecruiter, or download and customize it to match the unique aspects of your business. Keep in mind that adding a custom company overview and description of the work environment (outlined above) will help you draw in the right applicants.
Escape Room Game Master Job Description
Our escape room game masters have to work with a variety of customers to ensure that they have a good experience while they’re with us. They have to provide superior customer service, whether they’re assisting a group of friends, colleagues, or family members. Escape rooms put our guests under some degree of pressure, which is why a game master is so important when it comes to organizing, monitoring, and directing our guests. Our escape room game masters must also be flexible. They’ll be asked to reset the escape rooms and maintain cleanliness and order throughout their time on the job. Escape room game masters will also need to perform administrative duties while on the job. They’ll need to prepare, document, and organize paperwork and digital data to ensure accurate record-keeping.
- Providing MC services to groups
- Serving as a point of contact with both staff and customers
- Explaining how each escape room works
- Providing reminders and updates to the group as they play the game
- Mediating customer disputes as they arise
- Answering customer questions thoroughly
- Resetting rooms after completion
- Learning safety protocols and ensuring that guests are acting appropriately
- Opening and closing the store according to schedule
- Directing employees as needed
Necessary Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 1 year of experience in an MC role
- Excellent customer service and leadership skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Experience working with a variety of personality types
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Flexible schedule
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 1 year of prior escape room game master experience
- Prior experience in designing escape rooms or similar puzzles
Create a free account with ZipRecruiter to post this job description to their online job board.Post to ZipRecruiter
3 STEPS TO TAKE WHEN HIRING EMPLOYEES
ENSURE LEGAL COMPLIANCE
Hiring employees can be an intimidating and time-consuming process, but it doesn’t have to be. We’ve created a hiring compliance checklist to help you get over the legal hurdles with ease. From obtaining an Employer Identification Number (EIN) to confirming work eligibility, our guide covers everything you need to know.
SET UP PAYROLL
Even if your business only has a few employees, setting up a payroll service can save you time for running your business and also ensure that your company is compliant with important federal requirements, such as employee withholding.
We recommend Gusto, a user-friendly payroll platform for small businesses.
ACQUIRE WORKERS' COMP INSURANCE
Workers’ compensation insurance provides financial and legal protection for your business and its employees.
Whether or not you need workers’ comp insurance for your company depends on the nature of the job, the employer-employee relationship, and the unique regulations of your state.
Find out how much the right insurance will cost you.GET A QUOTE