Web.com Design Services Review: Pros and Cons
Every good review weighs the pros and cons of the product or service. Here are some of the major pros and cons we think you should know about Web.com design services.
- Comprehensive onboarding process where the designers clarify your needs and vision
- Keyword research that ensures your site targets the right audience
- Includes search engine optimization (SEO)-focused copywriting services
- First draft within eight days
- 30 days to revise the website to your needs
- More expensive than doing it yourself
- Changes made after 30 days require paying an additional fee
Get Started With Web.com Design Services
We think the pros outweigh the cons. If you’re looking to have a gorgeous website set up for you, with custom design options and built-in site analytics, then Web.com design services might be for you.
How Much Do Web.com Design Services Cost?
Hiring professional web designers is a bigger investment than going the build-your-own route. Web.com says that its custom design services start at $1,499 and go up from there. The more complex your site, the more it’s going to cost.
Small businesses that choose this service tend to look at it as an investment. The better your website is designed, the more you can expect out of it.
What Are Web.com Design Services?
You should expect a lot from Web.com’s design services. The price justifies high expectations. So, just what do you get when you hire Web.com to design your website?
- Custom Website Design: You get to tell the designers your goals and they have the training and resources to help you reach those goals. They can make sure your website is designed to generate conversions using sales funnels and other proven techniques. They also help you ensure your website is seen and used by the right audience, including mobile optimization and SEO-focused layouts and content.
- Website Essentials: These essentials include a unique domain name, privacy protection, and a DV SSL certificate that protects your website users. Each of these things improves your SEO and makes visitors more comfortable and eager to use your website.
- SEO and Analytics: The designers and copywriters will conduct SEO research to ensure that your website and its content target the right audiences. Their efforts will help your website rank better on search engines. Analytics will provide a roadmap for how to achieve your website’s goals and how to continue optimizing it in the future.
- Hosting Options: You get to pick where you want your website to be hosted. Different hosts offer different benefits and pricing structures. Because it’s your website, you get to decide where it will be hosted.
- Dedicated Support: After your website is completed, you may still want to make changes. For instance, sometimes you will have to make changes to meet SEO requirements. Web.com design team will be available to help you with those changes over the long term.
How Web.com Design Services Work
Web.com web design services are broken down into four main steps:
- Onboarding: This is the strategy session where the designers interview you. They will ask about your business, request any images or other files you want to provide, and help you clarify what you want to accomplish most with your new website.
- Designing: The design process starts with extensive research about your business, your industry, and your target market. The designers will conduct keyword research to determine how best to position your website in full view of your target audience. Indexing, SEO research, and more happen at this stage. Once the research is complete, they build your website.
- Welcome Call: After they have completed your website, the designers will give you a call and walk you through your new website. At this stage, you can tell them about any changes you want to make and give them feedback about what they have created. Then, they will show you how to publish your website.
- Publishing: You have the option of publishing the website yourself or having the design team do it. Once it’s published, it’s accessible to the world and most importantly, to your target market. After your site is published, you can make changes as needed. Or, you can contact Web.com and request that the designers make changes for you.
What Enhanced Website Features Can You Add to Web.com Design Services?
Your new website from Web.com will include all the major features you need for your business. However, you can add even more if you think it will help maximize your website’s potential. Enhanced features include:
- Webpage: You can add an extra page of keyword-focused content to your website to further improve your SEO rankings.
- WordPress Integrations: WordPress has a seemingly endless number of plugins. If you want to take advantage of any of them to improve the features on your website, Web.com can add them for you.
- Image Gallery: If images are a big part of how you appeal to your target audience — such as if you are selling products and want to showcase them — then you can add an image gallery.
- Rotating Banner: You can also upgrade your homepage with a rotating banner that features all of your best images. It will rotate the images at a specified interval to keep visitors glued to the screen.
Do the Web.com Design Services Include Ecommerce?
An ecommerce site is specialized to help you sell products. Web.com is happy to provide you with a customized ecommerce site if that’s what you are looking for. It will include all of the features that make a custom Web.com site great, with the addition of ecommerce-focused features like:
- Product Showcase: Send the designers your product lineup, including descriptions and images, and they will add them to your new online store.
- Payment Processing: To sell products online, you need the ability to accept payments. Web.com has you covered with a full-featured payment solution that accepts all major forms of payment.
- Optimized to Sell: All that keyword research in the design process can be turned towards selling your specific products. The designers will optimize the entire website to attract buyers and streamline the purchasing process.
Web.com Design Services Review: Conclusion
After analyzing everything Web.com design services offer, we can say that it is an excellent choice for the right kind of small business owner. It is an upfront investment, but for that investment, you get a full-featured, expertly-designed website. You get to direct professional designers to create a website that does what you really need it to do.
There are certainly less expensive ways to build a website for your small business. Some are free, some are available for a relatively low monthly or annual fee. But these cheaper options rely on you to be the designer. Unless you are trained in web design, you are unlikely to build a site that is as attractive and effective as what the Web.com team can do.
If you want the best website for your business, we recommend checking out Web.com design services. You can speak to a designer for free and get a quote, so there is no initial obligation. Speak with an expert, get a quote, and decide for yourself if you want a custom website.
Who Should Use This Tool?
- Small business owners who want a customized solution
- Those who are willing to make a larger upfront investment in the online future of their business
- Entrepreneurs who have a strong vision for what they want from a website
Who Shouldn’t Use This Tool?
- Those looking for the most affordable option
- Businesses that only need a simple website, such as a one-page site
- Entrepreneurs who want to take the DIY approach
See What Web.com Design Services Can Do for You
If you’re a business owner on the go and don’t have the time to build your own professional website from scratch, the Web.com design services are a great deal for the services offered.