Phone Number QR Code Generator for Your Small Business
Phone number QR codes are scannable codes that instantly initiate a call between the party doing the scan and the party who made the QR code.
As a business owner, phone number QR codes can provide many benefits, including:
- Increased flexibility
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Decreased risk of human error
- Improved marketing campaigns
In this guide, we provide a step-by-step look at how a phone QR code works, why you may want to get one for your business, and how to make your own.
How Does a Phone Number QR Code Work?
A phone number QR code enables your clients and prospective clients to dial your business phone number in a quick and simple format.
Instead of having to dial your number correctly, call you, and then save it, consumers can rely on QR codes. These can be “scanned” using phone devices’ built-in QR code readers or by downloading a QR reader app.
Scanning a phone number QR code automatically triggers the desired phone call. This means that phone number QR codes provide the following benefits:
- Customization: QR codes are extremely customizable. Businesses can dictate the design, color (or combination of colors), and logo (if applicable).
- User-friendliness: Since QR codes require users to simply “scan” an icon once — instead of saving a number and then presuming to manually dial it — they can make a much more enjoyable and fast experience.
- Error prevention: Since your business will share the same phone QR code to everyone, you can minimize the chance of sharing an incorrect number or of a prospective client hearing wrong (e.g., over a call).
What Is a QR Code?
A QR code, or quick response code, is a type of unique barcode that is created for devices like smartphones to scan and read. It’s easy to embed almost any type of information into a QR code — from letters and digits to phone numbers and URL links. That’s what makes them so versatile, especially for small business owners.
Unlike standard barcodes — which can only read information in one direction — QR codes can read in two (i.e., top to bottom and right to left). This means that they are much better for storing large amounts of data.
QR codes can be used to track products and information in logistical operations. Since most consumers have phones with built-in QR readers, they are also great for advertising campaigns.
Having access to a trouble-free way to create your own distinct QR code can help you keep things running smoothly.
How Do I Use a Phone Number QR Code for My Small Business?
Phone number QR codes can be used in several different ways when it comes to small businesses.
These generally relate to:
- Internal communications
- In-store guidance
A phone QR code can facilitate your marketing campaigns as a business owner. This is because they can be placed in your advertising materials and provide an almost automatic way for interested customers to get in contact with you.
Phone QR code printouts in your store can be of great assistance if you want to ensure that your customers can always reach you when you are not there.
For example, you may want to know that your customers can contact you if they want to offer feedback or resolve an outstanding issue.
This point may be particularly important for businesses that operate in more than one state.
Placing your phone QR code inside your business’s offices can give an easy way for any employee — regardless of their status or seniority — to contact you if they need to run any complaints or ideas by you.
How to Create a Phone Number QR Code
With our free QR code generator, it’s never been easier to make your own personalized QR code. Follow these six simple steps to have your own specialty code in no time.
How to Use the TRUiC Phone Number QR Code Generator:
- In the “Enter Content” area, fill in all the necessary information, which in this case is just your phone number.
- Click “Set Colors” to customize and choose the foreground and background colors of your QR code. Be sure to choose colors that align with your company and branding.
- Within the “Add Logo Image” section, upload your logo and click the “Upload Logo” button once you’ve made your selection. Don’t have a logo yet? Check out our free logo generator.
- At the bottom, in “Customize Design,” choose your preferred weight and style for the final barcode.
- Finally, click “Create QR Code” to instantly generate your very own code with your personalized logo, color scheme, and connected content. Click “Download” to save and begin sharing with customers, clientele, employees, and more!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I scan a QR code?
You can scan a QR code using your mobile phone’s built-in QR code reader. If this is not a possibility for you, you can install a QR reader from your device’s app store.
Generally, scanning QR codes can be done by opening your QR reader and pointing your QR reader at the QR code. You may have to play around with your device a bit in order to find the perfect distance.
The QR code's desired outcome (e.g., app download, URL direction, etc.) will then appear on your mobile device’s screen.
Can I scan QR codes without an app?
Generally, yes. However, this will depend on how up-to-date your phone is, as well as what type of phone you own. For example, iOS 11 or later comes with a built-in QR code reader, and Android 9 (Pie) or later comes with built-in QR codes as a result of integrating with Google Lens.
If your phone does not have a built-in QR code reader, you can download a QR code reading app from your device’s app store.
Are QR codes safe to use?
Yes, QR codes are generally very safe to use, but users should beware of using them from non-trusted sources.
Since we cannot read the content of QR codes at face value, it is possible that the content may be very deceiving. For example, instead of opening up a URL, it may initiate a specific action on your device or even track your data.
This means that you should ensure that any QR code you scan — or any QR generator tool that you use — comes from a trusted business.
What types of QR codes can I generate?
With our free QR code generator, you can make the following QR codes for your business:
- URL QR codes
- vCard QR codes
- Email QR codes
- Plain text QR codes
- SMS QR codes
- WiFi QR codes
- YouTube QR codes
- Twitter QR codes
- Instagram QR codes
- PDF QR codes
What is a URL QR code?
A URL QR code is a QR code that directs users to a specific website. It can be used by business owners or marketing to increase traffic and facilitate user engagement.
For more information, see our URL QR Code Generator guide.