4 Best LegalZoom Alternatives in 2024
LegalZoom is a popular company, offering online legal services and business formation; however, there are several significantly more affordable and reliable options to choose from in the market to form your LLC.
From quality registered agent services to competent customer service, here are the best LegalZoom alternatives in 2024 that will save you time and money and help you more effectively start a business.
Best LegalZoom Alternative: Northwest Registered Agent ($29 + State Fee)
LegalZoom Alternatives to Save You Money
1. Northwest Registered Agent
As an alternative to LegalZoom, we highly recommend forming an LLC with Northwest Registered Agent. One of Northwest’s leading strengths is their dedication to high-quality customer service; they offer their clients Corporate Guides, who are professionally trained U.S.-based support agents. Each customer gets a Corporate Guide assigned to their specific account, so you can speak to the same person if you have any questions or concerns.
Additionally, Northwest includes a free year of registered agent service in their basic package. As you can tell from the name of the company, Northwest Registered Agent focuses on providing premium registered agent services at an affordable price.
Here are some more features Northwest offers in their $29 LLC formation package:
- Business Address
- Mail Forwarding
- Privacy by Default®
- Free Phone Service for 60 days
Read our LegalZoom vs Northwest Review to learn more, or click below to form an LLC with Northwest today!
2. Tailor Brands
Another excellent LegalZoom alternative is Tailor Brands, a platform with a mission to help entrepreneurs launch their companies and establish their online presence in just a few clicks. Although Tailor Brands offers three different LLC packages, we want to highlight the premium, all-in-one Elite Plan ($199 + state fees), which is where Tailor Brands really shines. This plan provides the tools to create a trustworthy brand in today’s digital world.
Tailor Brands’ Elite Plan includes helpful services such as LLC formation, annual compliance, expedited processing, and an operating agreement.
The plan also includes some powerful business-building features:
- Logo maker
- Free domain for a year
- Website builder
- Digital business cards
- Graphic design tools for social media
Want to learn more about Tailor Brands? Read our full Tailor Brands review.
Another good alternative to LegalZoom is ZenBusiness. Both LLC services start at $0* plus state fees.
ZenBusiness focuses more on corporation and LLC formation, and LegalZoom focuses more on legal services beyond business formation, such as providing attorney help, tax advice, and access to legal forms.
ZenBusiness LLC packages include useful services and features such as the following:
- Articles of Organization filing
- Accounting consultation
- Business compliance services
- Worry-free compliance free first year (Auto-renewal price: $199/yr)
4. Rocket Lawyer
Rocket Lawyer is another great LegalZoom alternative. In fact, TRUiC partnered with Rocket Lawyer to provide our users with high-quality legal services at an exclusive discounted price of $349.99 + State Fees (Regularly $649.97 + State Fees). The New Business Bundle is packed with excellent features such as:
- Free incorporation services
- Access to easy-to-use legal templates
- Relevant advice from attorneys
- Further exclusive discounts
In addition to having access to valuable and affordable legal services, the company also prides itself on providing responsive and knowledgeable customer support. Since excellent reviews are a priceless part of any customer’s experience, it is important to note that they have received a Trustpilot.com score of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Read our LegalZoom vs Rocket Lawyer Review to learn more, or click below to get your New Business Bundle today!
LegalZoom Alternatives: The Bottom Line
Choose LegalZoom if:
- You don't mind paying extra money for business features and services
- You want ongoing legal services beyond LLC formation
- You are more comfortable working with a more well-known brand
Choose Northwest if:
- You want a full year of free registered agent service
- You value high-quality customer support
- You want a simple and quick LLC formation checkout process
Choose Tailor Brands if:
- You want to form an LLC and build your online presence all in one place
- You are seeking a highly personalized service
- You want access to powerful branding tools to boost your marketing
Choose ZenBusiness if:
- You value positive customer reviews
- You want a full year of included worry-free compliance (auto-renewal price: $199/yr)
- You want a user-friendly dashboard to track documents
Choose Rocket Lawyer if:
- You want additional legal services past business formation
- You value excellent legal advice and support
- You want to save a great deal of money on legal services