Best Drag-and-Drop Website Builders
|Best Website Builders|
Best Website Builder Overall
Best for Ecommerce
Using Drag-and-Drop Website Builders for Small Business
One of the best things about using a drag-and-drop website builder is that it delivers a transparent experience. This means that as you add, edit, move, and delete elements from a page or post, what you see on your screen is exactly how the page will be published.
With other website builders, like WordPress, you have to make edits and preview changes to make sure they will look right when published. This extra step can cause a lot of headaches for novice web designers.
Plus, drag-and-drop website builders typically don’t require any coding knowledge. Of course, having the option to add code to further customize and improve your website is a bonus, but the drive of these builders is that anyone can make a website.
Learn more about creating a dynamic website for your business — click here to read our in-depth How to Build a Website article.
Best Overall: GoDaddy
The GoDaddy drag-and-drop website builder is incredibly affordable and easy to use. You can have a website up and running in about five minutes.
Although GoDaddy doesn’t have all the features some of the other drag-and-drop builders offer, you probably won’t miss them. This builder is an excellent choice for a small business owner who is looking for a straightforward drag-and-drop builder for their business website.
Best Drag-and-Drop Builder Overall: GoDaddy
TRUiC readers receive over 30% off when they sign up with the GoDaddy drag-and-drop builder. Click the button below to see why it’s our No. 1 pick.
Using GoDaddy to Build Your Website
GoDaddy’s drag-and-drop website builder is our No. 1 choice for small businesses for many reasons, but primarily due to its ease of use and how quickly you can get a website published.
When you first sign up for GoDaddy the builder will ask you a series of simple questions and then it will generate a website for you. From that point forward, all you have to do is edit!
- Fast Build: With the GoDaddy drag-and-drop website builder, you can have your business’s website ready to launch in no time.
- Easy-to-use: GoDaddy’s website builder is incredibly easy to use; you don’t need to be tech-savvy or have a background in web design.
- Great Marketing Capabilities: GoDaddy also includes several helpful marketing tools to help your business grow.
- Not Very Flexible: Although many business owners will appreciate the simple, straightforward platform, some find it limiting. If you need lots of flexibility and/or expandability, GoDaddy may not be the best platform for your business.
- Limited Ecommerce Tools: If you have a smaller online store, the GoDaddy platform might be a great choice. However, if you expect your store and business to grow, you’re better off choosing another drag-and-drop site builder.
- Minimal Customization Options: In an effort to make the drag-and-drop page builder easy to use, it severely limited many customization options. If you are a perfectionist or have a specific website design in mind, GoDaddy may not be the best platform for you.
To learn more about GoDaddy, read our thorough GoDaddy Website Builder Review.
Best for Creatives: Wix
The Wix drag-and-drop builder is designed with creative people in mind. Users will appreciate the level of customization that can be achieved as well as the inclusion of a highly intuitive user interface. Whether you’re in a creative field or have a creative mind, Wix can be an excellent choice for drag-and-drop websites.
Wix automatically includes site and market analytical tools, a number of pre-built themes, and more. With plans starting at $14 per month, Wix may be a great option for your business website.
Using Wix to Build Your Website
We recommend Wix to all creative-minded small business owners. Whether you’re running an art-based business or simply enjoy expressing your creative side, Wix can be an excellent choice.
This simple website builder includes hundreds of pre-formatted themes, ecommerce capabilities, tons of customization options, and an easy-to-use interface. Wix plans start at $14 per month and offer a 14-day money-back guarantee.
- Plenty of Storage: Wix plans include enough storage so that you won’t have to worry about running out of room for your photos, posts, and audio/video files.
- Security: All Wix packages automatically include a secure sockets layer (SSL) certificate. If you opt for one of the ecommerce plans, you’ll also be able to securely accept payments as well.
- Excellent Customer Care: In addition to Wix’s extensive knowledge base, customers enjoy 24/7 Customer Support.
- Slow Sites: One of the chief complaints regarding the Wix platform is that some sites suffer from slow loading speeds. This is something Wix is well aware of and it has made great improvements over the past few years.
- Migration Issues: If you ever decide to leave the Wix platform, it won’t be easy — or straightforward — to migrate your website to another platform. You may need to purchase third-party software or hire a developer to make sure things transfer smoothly.
- Basic Site Metrics: Straight out of the box, Wix’s site metrics leave a lot to be desired. You’ll need to incorporate a third-party system, like Google Analytics, to properly analyze your site’s metrics.
Learn more about Wix by reading our in-depth Wix Builder Review.
Best for Ecommerce: Shopify
If you’re thinking of starting an ecommerce business, Shopify should be at the top of your list. Its drag-and-drop builder is affordable, easy to use, and includes plenty of tools to customize your online store.
This platform is dedicated to delivering the best ecommerce solutions, so you know that any updates and upgrades will be designed with online stores in mind. With plans starting at $29 per month, Shopify is our top pick for online stores.
Using Shopify to Build Your Online Store
The Shopify drag-and-drop website builder is our top pick for creating online stores.
When you choose the Shopify platform, you’ll have access to hundreds of themes and apps, a secure online store, and a number of website packages to choose from. After the free 14-day trial, you’ll need to choose the best plan for your business and budget. Plans start at $29 per month.
- Unlimited Storage Space: All Shopify plans include unlimited storage, meaning you’ll never run out of room to showcase your products and/or services and there’s no maximum number of items you can have for sale in your store.
- Intuitive User Interface: Most users love the intuitive design of the Shopify dashboard. It’s easy to access, store and produce metrics, easy to update the website, and more.
- Additional Features: The Shopify platform also gives users the ability to connect to their social media accounts and other sales channels as well.
- No Autosave: We found it surprising, and disappointing, that the Shopify builder doesn’t have autosave functionality. This means you’ll have to be diligent and save your work at regular intervals.
- Additional Costs: Although Shopify has an extensive app store, many of them include steep one-time or recurring fees.
- Transaction Fees: If you want to use a different payment gateway, other than the one Shopify provides, you’ll pay a fee on every transaction.
To learn more, access our full Shopify Builder Review.
Best for Blogs: Web.com
If you’re thinking of starting your own blog, consider using the Web.com platform. Although it’s one of the pricier options on this list, it delivers a ton of benefits. It has a solid drag-and-drop builder, includes a number of attractive templates, and gives users access to thousands of gorgeous images.
With plans starting at $10 per month — after a reduced introductory rate — Web.com is our top pick for bloggers who want a drag-and-drop website builder.
Using Web.com to Build Your Website
Web.com is our top pick for blogs. Its drag-and-drop site builder is easy to use and you can have your website up and running in a few short hours. Web.com users have access to dozens of website templates, which is extremely helpful to business owners with little to no site building experience.
Although it’s a bit pricier than some of the other drag-and-drop builders, its search engine optimization (SEO) features, access to free photos, and intuitive interface make it an excellent choice for small business bloggers. Plans start at just $1.95 per month for the first 30 days.
- Easy-to-Use: The Web.com drag-and-drop Site Editor is perfect for novice users.
- Unsplash Images: You can easily access thousands of royalty-free photos through Unsplash.
- Customer Service: Web.com users have access to a dedicated Customer Service team, 24/7.
- Image Editing Issues: It can be difficult to edit images once they’ve been uploaded to your website.
- Speed: Loading times can sometimes be slow.
- Paid Trial: Although you can explore Web.com for less than $2 for the first 30 days, it doesn’t offer a true free trial.
To learn more, be sure to check out our full Web.com Review.
Best for Service-Based Businesses: Squarespace
Since the newest version of Squarespace was released, the drag-and-drop capabilities have become even easier. Squarespace is our top pick for service-based businesses due to the inclusion of appointment settings, integrated marketing tools, and beautiful page templates.
The business plans start at $18 per month and although this is a high price tag, the tool has a lot to offer small businesses.
Using Squarespace to Build Your Website
Small business owners with service-based businesses should consider purchasing the Squarespace drag-and-drop website builder. This platform is relatively easy to use, includes a number of gorgeous page templates, and is known for delivering high-quality marketing functionality.
Although Squarespace pricing can be a bit higher, with personal plans starting $12 per month, the benefits often prove to be worth the extra money.
- Ecommerce Tools and Functionality: Squarespace permits unlimited product uploads, and includes high-quality membership and scheduling functionality that is missing from other builders.
- Impressive Marketing Features: Squarespace delivers high-quality marketing analytics, marketing tools, and SEO tools that are essential for many small businesses.
- Highly Customizable: Although the customization options might seem overwhelming at times, many Squarespace users appreciate the ability to make all the changes they desire to their websites.
- Free Trial: Squarespace offers a 14-day free trial.
- Multiple Iterations: Squarespace is currently running two versions at the same time — Squarespace 7.0 and Squarespace 7.1. This can cause confusion when using the tool or accessing documentation, how-to guides, and more.
- Customization Options: As we stated above, the sheer number of templates and customization options can be overwhelming, especially to novice users.
Check out our detailed Squarespace Builder Review for more information.
Our Pick for Best Website Builder: GoDaddy
If you’re a new small business owner looking to create a simple, yet effective website for your business, you can’t go wrong with the GoDaddy drag-and-drop website builder. In our in-depth testing of the GoDaddy builder, we found it easy to use and highly intuitive. Plus, you can get your business website up and running in about five minutes.
Get Started With GoDaddy
GoDaddy has all the tools you need to create a beautiful business website with little to no effort. TRUiC readers receive a discount, automatically applied, by clicking the button below.