What Is PHP?
PHP is an open-source scripting language used in web development. Programmers commonly use this type of computer code to manage databases, dynamic content, and session tracking as well as to create ecommerce stores.
The latest, stable release of the PHP scripting language — version 8.0.6 — launched on May 6, 2021.
If your website’s coding includes PHP scripting language, particularly in its dynamic content, you’ve likely received a notification from GoDaddy requesting that you update your PHP version. You can make this update quickly on GoDaddy’s product page.
Step-By-Step Instructions For Updating Your PHP Version
It’s easy to make this update. Just follow these eight simple steps:
- Go to GoDaddy’s product page.
- Click on the “Manage All” link next to the “Managed WordPress” tab on the “My Products” page.
- Click on the “Ellipsis” button (the blue button with three dots) next to the website you want to update.
- Choose the “Settings” option from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the “Production Site” tab.
- Click on the “Change” button in the “PHP Version” section.
- Choose the PHP version you want to use from the “Change” menu (in this case, select version 8.0.6).
- Click on the “Save Changes” button.
That’s all! You’ve now updated the PHP version used on your GoDaddy-hosted website.
Once you know where to look, updating the PHP code on your GoDaddy-hosted website is a cinch. But, if the process doesn’t work for you, you can always grant a developer access to your site to perform the update for you.
If you plan to start a new business, here are some additional resources you may find helpful: