The 5 Best LLC Services in Florida 2024
Hiring a professional business formation service in Florida can lower startup costs for your venture when forming an LLC online. Filing services also provide affordable features such as an Employer Identification Number (EIN) and registered agent service.
In our review of the best LLC services of 2024, we compare the essential features that will help streamline the process of starting a new company in Florida.
The current state filing fee in Florida is $125.
Our Recommendation for Best Florida LLC Service: Northwest ($29 + State Fees)
Best Florida LLC Formation Services
The 5 Best LLC Services
BEST FOR 1ST TIME BUSINESS OWNERS
OVER A MILLION BUSINESS LAUNCHED
BEST SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS
Company formation services allow you to focus more on running your Florida business. There are many online services that will launch your limited liability company for a small fee; we ranked the top incorporation services by forming separate LLCs with each provider.
Choosing the best LLC formation service to help you start your enterprise comes down to the following:
- The type of company you have
- The needs of your business
- Additional services you may want for your LLC in Florida
In our online business formation service review, we’ll explore a few of the best Florida LLC services and share what makes them the right decision for your unique company.
Best LLC Formation Services in Florida:
1. Northwest Registered Agent
Northwest's incorporation service is $29 plus state filing fee. This includes LLC formation, high-quality registered agent service, a digital dashboard to access important documents, customer privacy protection, and so forth.
Northwest provides exceptional customer service; they assign their clients with Corporate Guides: highly trained US-based support agents, so you can speak with the same person if you come across any concerns or questions.
- Positive customer reviews
- Easy-to-use checkout process
- Free registered agent services for one year
- No hidden fees or “free trials” that you get charged for later
- Knowledgeable customer service representatives
- Extra fees for important features such as an EIN. An alternative is to get an EIN for free on your own.
Northwest Pricing and Features
Northwest Registered Agent provides one incorporation service package. For just $29 plus state filing fees, you’ll receive the following and more:
- LLC formation
- “Corporate Guide” service
- Registered agent service
- Business address
- “Privacy by Default”
Still deciding? Read our comprehensive Northwest Registered Agent review.
ZenBusiness starts at only $0* (plus the state filing fee). ZenBusiness makes the LLC formation process easy so that you can spend more time focusing on growing your company.
- Straightforward company formation packages
- Responsive customer service
- Great customer feedback from online ZenBusiness reviews
- Superior registered agent services for your LLC in Florida
- It's an additional $99 for an EIN in the basic package
ZenBusiness Pricing and Features
All plans include the following services and more when starting a Florida LLC.
- Preparing and filing the business formation documents
- Unlimited business name availability searches
- Free accounting consultation
- Digital dashboard for essential company formation documents
- Worry-free compliance free first year (Auto-renewal price: $199/yr)
If you choose the Pro package, you’ll receive more helpful features, including:
- Operating Agreement: An operating agreement helps define the terms of LLC formation.
- Filing speed (1 - 2 business days)
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
The premium plan ($349 + state filing fees) includes even more add-ons:
- Business website, domain name, domain privacy, and email address: Get your brand online to reach more clients and establish credibility.
- Rush filing: Reduces formation processing time, which can be useful for small business owners seeking faster services.
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Business Document Templates
4. Tailor Brands
Tailor Brands assists with company formation, branding, and website creation. Its goal is to empower aspiring entrepreneurs to quickly start their companies by offering a one-stop shop.
The premium Elite Plan ($0 + state fees) is what sets Tailor Brands apart. For businesses that want to build an online presence — more than just basic Florida LLC formation services — the Elite Plan presents an exceptional range of marketing features. These include logo creation, digital business cards, social media design tools, and more.
Tailor Brands Pros
- In below ten minutes, you'll be able to start a limited liability company in Florida, build a website, and begin a social media marketing strategy
- Personalized service to help you receive the best tools for your unique entrepreneurial journey
- Great customer support to solve questions or concerns you may come across
Tailor Brands Cons
- Not the most affordable option for budget-conscious companies that just need basic company formation services
- No included registered agent service for a year like some competitors
Tailor Brands Pricing and Features
Though Tailor Brands offers 3 plans, we’re going to put the spotlight on the all-in-one Elite package. Created for entrepreneurs who are ready to establish their online presence, it includes an abundance of helpful tools and features.
Features of the Elite Plan:
- Company formation service
- Annual compliance
- LLC operating agreement
- Free domain for a year
- Expedited processing
- Logo generator
- Business website builder
- Digital business cards
- Social media post tool
Want to learn more about Tailor Brands? Read full Tailor Brands review.
5. Bizee (Formerly Incfile)
Bizee offers a great value in its basic package for Florida LLC services.
- Free year of registered agent service with all packages, costing just $119 each year afterward — a lower price than most competitors.
- Superior customer service and real-time order tracking
- Accessible online dashboard that helps you track important deadlines and compliance reminders for your enterprise
- Vital features, such as an operating agreement, cost extra
Bizee Pricing and Features
The $0 Silver package, plus Florida’s state fees, includes:
- LLC formation: Get your venture set up to operate independently of your personal finances.
- One year of free registered agent service: Bizee will cover the cost of your Florida registered agent service fees for the first year.
- Compliance alerts: Get notified when you need to file an annual report.
Bizee Gold ($149 + state filing fee) includes:
- Operating agreement template: A legal document outlining the ownership and member responsibilities of your LLC.
- Banking resolution: Bizee will write a banking resolution authorizing someone to open a bank account and provide a signature for the company.
- EIN: Obtain an EIN to open a business bank account so you can hire a team and keep your personal and business transactions separate.
The Platinum package ($249 + state filing fee) provides even more, such as:
- Business website and domain
- Business contract templates
- Priority expedited filing
Bizee's formation services offer a great deal for small businesses because of its free premium services. Bizee provides vital features in its basic package that is perfect for a low-budget startup company.
Although the following services didn’t make the list above, their offerings are still worth mentioning briefly.
LegalZoom may be considered expensive by some, but the platform has a reputation for having a lot of experience in the industry. Their expertise can be especially valuable for entrepreneurs who may not have extensive legal knowledge and need guidance in setting up their businesses. The value of their experience and expertise may outweigh the higher pricing for some customers.
TRUiC’s partnership with Rocket Lawyer provides excellent deals for entrepreneurs who need ongoing legal services. The New Business Bundle includes great features, such as free incorporation service, discounted registered agent services, easy-to-use legal documents, and quality advice from lawyers.
Swyft Filings offers three different formation packages for founders to choose from, with pricing ranging from $0 plus state fees to $299 plus state fees. Depending on the specific plan you choose, you can look forward to standard formation service along with additional features such as customized banking resolution, electronic delivery of state documents, and more.
Inc Authority allows entrepreneurs to file their company free of charge (aside from state fees), making it a great choice for clients on a tight budget. You also have the option to upgrade to one of Inc Authority's premium service packages for additional features such as annual compliance notifications and an EIN/tax ID number.
MyCompanyWorks offers affordable business formation services that are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee and outstanding customer support. If you use MyCompanyWorks to form your company, you will have three plans to choose from: a Basic package for $59 plus state fees, Entrepreneur package for $179 plus state fees, and Complete package for $259 plus state fees.
Our Review Methodology
The TRUiC team evaluates each formation service based on the following:
The cost of formation services can vary widely, and it is essential to assess your budget and compare prices among different providers to find the most suitable option for your needs. Additionally, it is important to balance the cost of the platform with the quality of the service provided, as selecting a low-cost option may result in poor service or hidden fees.
In addition to filing your LLC, many formation service packages also offer a wide range of other helpful features. These can include registered agent services, assistance obtaining licenses and permits, and online document access — just to name a few!
Looking at reviews from entrepreneurs who have used a formation service in the past is one of the best ways to evaluate the quality of a platform. When compiling our list, we leaned heavily on customer reviews as an unbiased source of feedback.
Florida business owners need to work with a company that will be there to help anytime questions or issues arise. By once again using online reviews, we were able to evaluate the quality of customer service offered by each of the providers on our list.
Accessibility & User Experience
A good formation service needs to provide new entrepreneurs with a platform that is intuitive and easy to use. This starts with an accessible UX that makes the process as hassle-free as possible.
How to Form an LLC in Florida
You can start an LLC in Florida on your own in these simple steps:
1. Name Your Company
You won’t be able to form your company until you actually name it. Make sure you follow LLC naming rules outlined in the Florida naming requirements.
Then, make sure the name you want isn't already taken by doing a name search on the Sunbiz website.
We recommend using our free LLC Name Generator tool to help secure a domain for your venture.
2. Choose a Registered Agent
It is required that you appoint a registered agent for your Florida LLC, which is a business entity or individual that receives legal documents, government correspondence, and more on behalf of your LLC. Many entrepreneurs choose to hire a Florida registered agent service for privacy and peace of mind.
If you form your venture online at the Florida Department of State's SunBiz website ($125 filing fee required). Your registered agent’s name and contact information will be requested when you file your Articles of Organization in the fourth section on page 1.
If you form your company by mail, download the Articles of Organization form ($125 filing fee required), fill out the required fields, and submit a physical copy to the Florida Department of State. You’ll be asked to provide your registered agent’s information under Article III.
Learn more by visiting our guide on Florida registered agents.
3. File the Articles of Organization
To register your company, you'll need to file Form LLC-1 - Articles of Organization with the Florida Division of Corporations. You can apply online or by mail.
We recommend checking out our Florida Articles of Organization article.
4. Create an Operating Agreement
An operating agreement is a legal document outlining the operating procedures and ownership structure of your company.
Although an operating agreement is not required, it’s recommended. According to FL General Statute Chapter 605 Sec. 0105, all members of an LLC may enter into an operating agreement to regulate the internal affairs of the company.
You can read more about Florida LLC operating agreements in our comprehensive guide.
5. Get an EIN
You can think of an Employer Identification Number as a Social Security number for your venture. Get one for free through the IRS website.
If you would like to work with an experienced formation service to form your Florida LLC rather than going through the hassle of doing it on your own, there are plenty of great options to consider. All of the platforms we’ve covered in this review are great choices for entrepreneurs. Our most highly recommended service, though, is Northwest Registered Agent thanks to its affordable pricing, swift turnaround time, and high-quality customer support.
The cost to start an LLC in Florida is $125.
You can file your annual report through the Department of State’s Sunbiz website. You must input your 6- or 12-digit Document Number or search for your company with the “Forgot Number?” link.
Some local resources to consider include city or county chambers of commerce, regional Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs), or local startup accelerators.
For more information, see our Florida Local Resources page.