How to Name a Nail Salon Business
Ready to find a nail salon business name for your new venture? Naming a business is one of the most important steps for an entrepreneur — the business name should clearly identify what your nail salon offers to your customers. You can begin by using our free business name generator above to discover an array of ideas for nail salon names, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your nail salon business. If you’re ready to start your business, we also recommend reading our comprehensive guide on how to start a nail salon.
Note: TRUiC’s business name generator protects your privacy and will ensure that your name is safe online for a month until you're ready to purchase your domain name.
Step #1: Determine goals for your nail salon.
How do you want your nail salon business to be perceived by the public? High-quality nail salon names should be memorable and catchy, brandable, relatable to your clients/customers, and set clear expectations relating to products, services, or a general sense of your business.
Make sure that you are aware of your desired target market, how you want to appeal to your customers, and the specific emotions you want your nail salon brand name to evoke.
Step #2: Begin brainstorming nail salon names.
There are a variety of ways you can brainstorm classy and catchy business names for your nail salon; in fact, this part of the naming process can be a lot of fun. We’ve shared some unique brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing and inspire you to find the best brand name for your new business.
- Jot down a list of specific keywords when brainstorming nail salon names.
- Visualize the type of business you are trying to create and everything that comes along with a nail salon to bring life to this business idea.
- Think of catchy adjectives (e.g., classy, dazzling, cute, etc.) that would describe your nail salon and the types of products offered to derive inspiration.
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques since the perfect brand name will set you apart from the competition.
- Gain inspiration and become more knowledgeable about the beauty industry by conducting research. Use Google to discover new strategies from successful nail salons. You can also connect with your local beauty school to help you build a network of like-minded cosmetologists and nail technicians.
- If you want to eventually promote your nail salon business and cosmetology services on social media sites such as Instagram and YouTube, consider a nail salon name with search engine optimization (SEO) keywords; this will make your online creative content more accessible for customers.
The above ideas are just a few general brainstorming techniques and creative strategies. Continue reading to learn more unique approaches to generate memorable, classy, and catchy nail salon names using our free business name generator.
Recommended: Once you have your business name, create a logo with our Free Nail Salon Logo Maker. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Ideas for Nail Salon Names
We’ve used the general brainstorming techniques mentioned above to share several classy, cute, and catchy business name ideas for a nail salon. We hope these creative brand names will inspire you to come up with a few unique ideas of your own. Check out the nail salon names we came up with below:
Breakdown of Creative Approaches to Naming a Nail Salon
The ideas for naming a new business are endless once you put on your thinking cap. To find the perfect name, the goal is to come up with the best strategy that works for you and the brand you're creating through your unique business name. The following are helpful tips to help you find a high-quality, brandable, unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Nail Salon Names - Capitalize on Your Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your nail salon business and let your community know that you are open for business. For instance, nail salon names in California could be The San Fran File, LA Acrylics, and so forth. You can also think of the best name that defines what your city or state is well known for or use slogans or historical accounts that define your location. You can use these to your advantage when coming up with nail salon names.
Nail Salon Names - Connecting Through Emotion
We all know that psychology plays a big role in connecting with people and people who feel connected to your nail salon business become loyal customers. This is why words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good ideas for business and quality, industry branding. Incorporating these memorable, unique experiences in a brand name can be a sure way to earn repeat customers for your nail salon business.
Nail Salon Names - Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Brainstorming nail salon names doesn’t have to be stressful or boring. You can come up with the perfect name by creating unique puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts (word mash), or by using same letter and sound repetition. It’s a creative way to construct a catchy company brandable name that is high-quality and memorable. See what we did there?
Nail Salon Names - Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one creative word for a nail salon business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your unique brand and brainstorm catchy adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a nail salon, ask yourself how you would describe the services you’re offering (e.g., French manicures, pedicures, nail art, gel, acrylic, high-quality service, wine, champagne, snacks, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel when they see their nails (beautiful, bold, classy, cute, confident, etc.), and so on.
Nail Salon Names - Name Game
Naming your nail salon business can be as easy as just using your own name; however, there are different trendy, unique, and creative directions you can take. Some ideas include celebrity names, public figures, or honoring someone you look up to or are close to such as a mentor, friend, or family member. Inspirational people can help you create the best salon names.
Remember to stay on track by selecting nail salon names on your list that are creative and best define your specific, future nail salon brand. If you have narrowed the business names down to a few creative business name ideas and are finding it difficult to decide on one, don’t forget to ask others for an honest opinion. Since your new nail salon business name will be on your products, make sure that it is a positive and high-quality nail salon brand name that you and your customers will be proud of displaying online and offline.
Step #3: Use our nail salon business name generator.
Discover the perfect brand name for your classy nail salon business by using our free business name generator tool. Simply follow the 3 steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Our online business name generator even allows you to further filter your results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized, creative, and unique brand names for your nail salon.
Step #4: Register your nail salon business name.
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable nail salon business name is available in your state. You can also choose the state in which you would like to conduct business, and read our in-depth business name registration guide.
Steps After Naming Your Nail Salon Business
Once you’ve chosen your creative, classy, and brandable nail salon business name, make sure you secure a domain name, especially if you want to establish an online business presence. Then, there are a few steps you can take to successfully establish your brand recognition, credibility, and loyalty:
- Choose a business structure for your nail salon. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) will help reduce liability. We recommend checking out the Top 5 LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your nail salon business. Creating a logo for your business is vital for increasing brand awareness. You can design your own unique logo using our Free Logo Generator. Our free tool can help you design your own unique logo for your new business idea.
- Build a unique business website for your nail salon. It’s important to have a business website in order to reach more customers and help make your business more accessible and a success.