The Best Domain Registrars
This article will cover some of the best domain registrars, included services, as well as general pricing. By the end, you'll know which one will be the best fit for your small business website.
Many domain registrars also provide the tools to build and host your website as well. For more information on these services and which platforms we most recommend be sure to read the following articles:
Best Website Builders
These builders also include ways to register your domain. Use the interactive table below to find the right fit for your business.
|Best Website Builders|
Best Website Builder Overall
Best for Ecommerce
GoDaddy Domain Registrar
GoDaddy provides comprehensive privacy and security protection services at an extremely affordable price point. It is one of the top domain registrars on the market today due to its wide array of cost-effective offerings, with domains starting at just $2.99 a month, and top-notch customer support.
GoDaddy also offers plenty of discounts for users who bundle services. For instance, you can save up to 45% on your domain if you purchase a website plan.
Additionally, GoDaddy offers a bulk domain search tool that allows you to purchase similar domains all at once. This is great for businesses that will be using their website as a sales funnel for goods and services and marketing under a variety of URLs.
For most small businesses, purchasing the Ultimate Domain Privacy Protection is the best option.
Services Included With Ultimate Domain Protection From GoDaddy:
- Prevents hackers from stealing your domain or making any other unauthorized changes.
- Requires your approval via two-factor authentication (2FA) for vital changes like deleting or transferring a domain.
- Hold on to your domain for an extra 90 days if your credit card or your billing method expires at renewal.
Many of these same features are included when you purchase a website plan through GoDaddy. You will also be able to take advantage of GoDaddy’s ultra-simple, search engine optimization (SEO) enhanced website builder.
Have a domain on a different website? Learn how to transfer your domain to GoDaddy with our helpful guide.
Web.com Domain Registration
Web.com is known for its hosting services, as well as its website-building services — but the popular platform offers domain registration as well. These can easily be bundled with other packages from Web.com.
We recommend purchasing Web.com’s Cybersecurity Solution if you choose to purchase a domain through this platform to ensure that your domain has the highest degree of privacy and protection possible.
Services Provided With Web.com Cybersecurity Solution:
- 24/7 access to security experts.
- isk management to prevent security breaches.
- Identity protection to help recover from identity theft.
- Device monitoring with app security and scanning.
- Theft prevention and lost device location services.
- Safe browsing with built-in mobile virtual private network (VPN) client.
Many of these security features are also included when you purchase one of Web.com’s website builder packages. In addition, a custom domain is included with every price tier offered through Web.com.
Shopify Domain Registration
In addition to its powerful range of ecommerce services, Shopify also offers domain registration, with useful tools like domain search, domain generating, and WHOIS lookup.
We recommend that users who purchase a domain through Shopify also purchase domain hosting, as this will offer a variety of security and privacy features, including a secure sockets layer (SSL) certificate.
Features Included With Domain Hosting Through Shopify:
- Email forwarding allows you to set up an unlimited number of forwarding email addresses to the destination of your choice (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- WHOIS privacy, which keeps your personal information safe. Shopify will never display your info on public registration records.
- Domains purchased through Shopify — starting at $14 a year— are registered for one year and can be canceled at any time.
Many of these services, as well as additional security features, are included when you purchase a website building plan with Shopify. These plans also include some of the most powerful ecommerce services in the industry.
Bluehost Domain Registration
Bluehost has long been known as the premier hosting service for content management systems (CMS) like WordPress. In addition, Bluehost also offers some of the best domain registration services in the industry.
Plans are on the pricier end, with .com domains starting at $12.99 a month, but come with security, support, and privacy features that help justify the additional cost.
All Domains Registered With Bluehost Include:
- Lightning-fast search to help quickly find the perfect domain among the multitude of options available.
- Domain privacy to help keep your personal info concealed from possible spammers and identity thieves.
- Microsoft 365 integration to help you look like a pro by using your domain in your email address. Ex. email@example.com
Many of these features are also included when you purchase a website building plan, along with an SSL certificate.
Hopefully, this article helped you choose a domain registrar for your small business. For more information on how to make your website the best it can be, be sure to read our How to Design a Successful Website guide.
Overall, we think GoDaddy is the best domain registrar for small businesses. Not only can you register your domain with them, you can also build a professional and scalable website with access to tons of tools and features to help your brand grow.