Best New York LLC Formation Services
|Best LLC Services|
HIGHEST CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
BEST PREMIUM, ALL-IN-ONE PACKAGE
By using the top formation service, you can focus more on managing and growing your New York enterprise. There are many online formation services that will easily start your LLC for a fee. We formed separate limited liability companies with the four best New York LLC services to rank and review each.
Determining the best LLC service to help you form your New York venture relies on these three things:
- The type of business you have
- The needs of your company
- Any additional services you may want for your LLC in New York
This business formation services review will walk you through the best New York LLC services in 2023, breakdown what makes them the top choices, and help you determine the right formation company for your business's needs.
Best LLC Services in New York:
Best New York LLC Service: Northwest
Our top choice is Northwest Registered Agent ($29 + State Fees) as the overall best online business formation service because of its affordability and knowledgeable customer support.
($29 + State Fees)
Northwest offers essential services for online business formation. Their incorporation service is $29 plus state fees, which includes LLC filing, premium registered agent services, customer privacy protection, an online account to access business documents, and more.
- Positive customer reviews
- User-friendly online ordering process
- No hidden fees or “free trials” that cost money later on
- Professional US-based customer service representatives
- For important features, such as an EIN, you'll need to pay extra fees. Alternatively, you can get an EIN for free on your own.
Northwest Pricing and Features
Northwest offers one formation plan. For only $29 plus state fees, you'll receive the following:
- LLC formation
- Registered agent service
- Business address
- Mail forwarding
- “Privacy by Default”
- “Corporate Guide” service
Want to learn more about Northwest? Read our full Northwest Registered Agent review.
Northwest provides personalized, knowledgeable customer service at an affordable price.
($29 plus state fees)
2. Tailor Brands
Tailor Brands is an automated platform with services for company formation, branding, and website building. Their mission is to empower entrepreneurs to launch their ventures with ease by offering their services in one convenient location.
What really sets Tailor Brands apart is their premium Elite Plan ($199 + state fees). Businesses that want more than just basic New York LLC formation services — such as assistance establishing an online presence — the Elite Plan offers a great selection of marketing features. These include logo creation, digital business cards, graphic design tools for social media, and more.
Tailor Brands Pros
- You can form a New York LLC, build your website, and start developing your social media marketing strategy in less than 10 minutes
- Ultra personalized service so you can get the right tools for your business journey
- Exceptional customer support to answer any of your questions or concerns
Tailor Brands Cons
- Not ideal for businesses with a strict budget that only require basic formation services
Tailor Brands Pricing and Features
Tailor Brands offers three plans, however, we're going to highlight their all-in-one Elite package. You get a good deal for the premium price of the Elite Plan. Created for entrepreneurs that are ready to carve out their place online, it includes a variety of features and tools.
Elite Plan Features:
- LLC formation
- Annual compliance
- Expedited processing
- Operating agreement
- Free domain for a year
- Logo maker
- Website builder
- Digital business cards
- Social media post maker
Ready to learn more about Tailor Brands? Read our full Tailor Brands review.
Tailor Brands offers the best premium, all-in-one package for entrepreneurs to form an LLC and build their online presence.
($199 + state fees)
ZenBusiness LLC formation packages start at only $0 per year (plus the New York state fee). ZenBusiness makes formation simple so you have more time to spend on focusing on scaling your company.
- Easy-to-navigate New York company formation packages
- Responsive and knowledgeable customer support
- Positive customer feedback from online ZenBusiness reviews
- Premier registered agent services for your LLC in New York
- You can get an EIN through ZenBusiness, but you will have to pay an additional $99 if you opt for the ZenBusiness basic plan.
ZenBusiness Pricing and Features
Each of ZenBusiness's three packages offer the following services and more when forming a New York LLC:
- Preparing and filing the articles of organization
- Unlimited name availability searches
- Free accounting consultation
- Online dashboard to track important documents
- Worry Free Compliance Guarantee (Included for the first year): receive annual report filing alerts to help you stay compliant.
If you upgrade to the ZenBusiness Pro package, you'll find other helpful features, such as:
- Operating Agreement: An operating agreement helps define the terms of New York LLC formation. In our research, we identified that few competing formation companies included an operating agreement template in their basic packages.
ZenBusiness' Premium package ($299 + New York state fee) includes extra add-on features:
- Business domain name, website email address, and domain privacy: Get your business online to connect with more customers and increase credibility, as well as further protect your business's privacy online.
- Rush filing: This feature reduces the formation processing time, which can be beneficial for business owners looking for speedier and more comprehensive services.
ZenBusiness provides essential services to help start your enterprise.
($0 + state fees)
Similar to Northwest and ZenBusiness, Incfile offers great value in its basic pricing plan for New York LLC formation services.
- One year of free registered agent service with all packages, costing just $119 each year afterward — a lower price compared to other popular registered agent services.
- Real-time order tracking and excellent customer support
- Easy-to-use online dashboard that makes tracking important deadlines and compliance reminders for your LLC in New York simple
- Important features, such as an operating agreement and EIN, require extra fees.
Incfile Pricing and Features
The free Silver package, with the exception of New York's state fee, includes:
- New York LLC formation: Set up your enterprise to operate independently of your personal finances.
- One year of free registered agent service: Incfile pays the cost of your New York registered agent fees for the first year.
- Lifetime company compliance alerts: Get notified when it's time to file your annual report.
Incfile Gold ($149 + New York state fee) includes:
- Operating agreement: Incfile will create your operating agreement for you.
- Banking resolution: Incfile will write your banking resolution authorizing someone to open a bank account and provide a signature for the business.
- EIN registration: Get a nine-digit EIN to open a bank account allowing you to hire employees and maintain the separation between your business and personal transactions.
The Platinum package ($249 + New York state fee) provides even more, such as:
- Website and domain name
- Business contract templates
- Priority expedited filing
With their free premium services, Incfile's New York LLC services offer the best deal for small businesses. Incfile offers essential features in its basic LLC formation package that make it ideal for a low-budget startup.
Incfile is one of the best LLC services for business owners working with a limited budget, without sacrificing added features.
($0 + State Fees)
How to Form an LLC in New York
An alternative to hiring a professional formation service is to simply form a New York LLC on your own using our free guide.
You can start an LLC in New York in six easy steps:
1. Name Your New York LLC
Naming your venture is one of the first steps when launching a company. Technically, you won't be able to form your LLC in New York until you name it. Make sure to follow the LLC naming rules that are detailed in the New York naming requirements. We also recommend using our LLC Name Generator tool to help secure a domain name.
2. Choose a Registered Agent in New York
In New York, the Secretary of State acts as the statutory agent for service of process (registered agent) by default for LLCs. However, electing your own registered agent is also an option. A registered agent can be an individual or business entity tasked with receiving legal documents, government correspondence, and more on behalf of your company. For more information, read our guide on New York registered agents.
3. File the New York Articles of Organization
The next step to forming your enterprise is filing the Articles of Organization, which is the document that officially forms your New York LLC. You can file this document online, by mail, by fax, or in person, and the filing fee is $200. Learn more with our New York Articles of Organization guide.
4. Submit New York's Publication Requirement
New York requires newly formed LLCs to publish a Notice of LLC Formation for six consecutive weeks in two approved newspapers in the county of the LLC's principal office. For complete details, read our New York Publication Requirements guide.
5. Create an Operating Agreement
An operating agreement is a legal document that details the ownership structure of the business and operating procedures of your LLC in New York. You can read more about New York LLC operating agreements in our full guide.