Best Texas LLC Formation Services
|Best LLC Services|
HIGHEST CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
Formation services allow you to focus more on running and growing your Texas enterprise. There are several online LLC services that will start your business for a fee. We reviewed and ranked the three best Texas LLC services. To do so, we actually formed separate Texas LLCs with each service provider.
Choosing the best LLC service to help you form your Texas business comes down to three things:
- The type of business you have
- The needs of your business
- Any additional services you may want for your LLC in Texas
In this business formation services review, we’ll look at some of the best Texas LLC services in 2022 and share what makes them the top choice. By the time you finish reading this review, you’ll know which formation company is right for your business’s needs.
Best LLC Services in Texas:
- ZenBusiness is the best LLC service for Texas businesses because of its high-quality and affordably priced packages that are perfect for businesses.
- Northwest Registered Agent is our runner-up best LLC service because of its exceptional customer service and pricing.
- Incfile is one of our honorable mentions because it helps Texas companies with its free premium services.
Best Texas LLC Service: ZenBusiness
We recommend ZenBusiness as the overall best online business formation service because it provides a large number of features at an affordable price.
($39 + State Fees)
Starting a Texas LLC couldn’t be easier than choosing a ZenBusiness formation package, starting at only $39 per year (plus the Texas state fee). What’s more, ZenBusiness is even headquartered in Austin, Texas! ZenBusiness makes things simple so that you can spend more time focusing on running your business.
- Straightforward and affordable Texas LLC formation packages
- Reliable customer support
- Positive customer feedback from online ZenBusiness reviews
- Superior registered agent services for your LLC in Texas
- ZenBusiness can help you get an EIN, but you will have to pay an additional $70 in the ZenBusiness basic plan. Another option is to get an EIN for free on your own.
ZenBusiness Pricing and Features
All three packages are essential when forming a Texas LLC.
- Registered Agent Services: ZenBusiness provides a full year of included registered agent services in all three of its plans. After the first year, it’s only $119 per year. (ZenBusiness is also one of our top registered agent services.)
- Free Operating Agreement Template: An operating agreement helps define the terms of Texas LLC formation. In our search, we noticed that few formation companies include an operating agreement template in their basic packages.
- Free CPA Assessment: This is a comprehensive evaluation of your Texas business’s finances, recommending the right CPA for your specific Texas LLC needs. Your CPA will keep track of your company’s monetary flow, file taxes, and keep you organized.
If you upgrade to the ZenBusiness Pro package, you’ll find other helpful Texas LLC formation features, including:
- EIN registration: Get a nine-digit EIN to open a bank account, so you can hire employees and keep your business and personal transactions separate.
- “Worry-Free Compliance” service: Get alerts and updates to make sure you don’t miss a deadline or have to pay a costly fine to the state of Texas. Plus, ZenBusiness will handle your annual report filings and two yearly amendments to save you time and errors.
ZenBusiness’ Premium package ($249 + Texas state fee) includes even more add-on features:
- Business domain name, website email address, and domain privacy: Get your business online to reach more customers and boost credibility, and further protect your business’s privacy on the web.
- Rush filing: This feature reduces the formation processing time, which can be helpful for entrepreneurs seeking quicker and more comprehensive services.
ZenBusiness’ Texas LLC formation services offer the best deal for small business owners and entrepreneurs. ZenBusiness LLC packages have every feature you need, the price you want, and they are the easiest to work with.
Best Texas LLC Service: ZenBusiness
ZenBusiness is the overall best online business formation service, providing a large number of features at an affordable price.
($39 + state fees)
2. Northwest Registered Agent
Northwest Registered Agent delivers the essential LLC services for online business formation. Their incorporation service is $39 plus state fees, which includes LLC filing, premium registered agent services, customer privacy protection, an online account to access business documents, and more.
Northwest is known for its top-notch customer service; they provide their clients with Corporate Guides, who are highly trained US-based support agents. Every customer gets a Corporate Guide assigned to their specific account, so you can talk to the same person if you have any questions or concerns.
- Positive customer reviews
- User-friendly online ordering process
- No hidden fees or “free trials” that cost money later on
- Professional US-based customer service representatives
- You’ll need to pay extra fees for important LLC formation features such as an EIN and operating agreement.
Northwest Pricing and Features
Northwest offers one formation plan. For only $39 plus state fees, you’ll receive the following business features:
- LLC formation
- Registered agent service
- Business address
- Mail forwarding
- “Privacy by Default”
- “Corporate Guide” service
Want to learn more about Northwest? Read our full Northwest Registered Agent review.
Northwest Registered Agent
Northwest Registered Agent provides elite customer service at an affordable price.
($39 plus state fees)
Similar to ZenBusiness, Incfile offers an excellent value in its basic pricing plan for Texas LLC formation services.
- Free year of registered agent service with all packages, costing just $119 each year afterward — a lower price than that offered by other top registered agent services.
- Real-time order tracking and quality customer support
- User-friendly online dashboard that helps you track important deadlines and compliance reminders for your LLC in Texas
- Important features, such as an operating agreement and EIN, cost extra.
Incfile Pricing and Features
The free Silver package, with the exception of Texas’ state fee, includes:
- Texas LLC formation: Get your Texas business set up to operate independently of your personal finances.
- One year of free registered agent service: Incfile will cover the cost of your registered agent fees for the first year you’re in business.
- Lifetime company compliance alerts: Get alerted when it’s time to file your annual report.
Incfile Gold ($149 + Texas state fee) includes:
- Operating agreement: Incfile will handle your operating agreement for you.
- Banking resolution: Incfile will write your banking resolution authorizing someone to open a bank account and provide a signature for the business.
- EIN registration: Get a nine-digit EIN to open a bank account so that you can hire employees and keep your business and personal transactions separate.
The Platinum package ($249 + Texas state fee) provides even more, such as:
- A free business website and domain name
- Business contract templates
- Priority expedited filing
Incfile Texas LLC formation services offer the best deal for small businesses because of its free premium services. Incfile offers important features in its basic LLC formation package that is great for a low-budget startup.
Incfile is one of the best LLC services if you are working with a limited budget, and want a lot of added features.
($0 + state fees)
How to Form an LLC in Texas
An alternative to hiring a professional LLC formation service is to simply form a Texas LLC on your own using our free guide.
You can start an LLC in Texas in five easy steps:
1. Name Your Texas LLC
Naming your business is one of the very first steps; in fact, you won’t be able to form your LLC until you actually name it. Be sure to follow the LLC naming rules outlined in the Texas naming requirements. We also recommend using our LLC Name Generator tool to help secure a domain name for your LLC in Texas.
2. Choose a Registered Agent in Texas
You are required to designate a registered agent for your Texas LLC. A registered agent is an individual or business entity in charge of receiving legal documents, government correspondence, and more on behalf of your company. Learn more by reading our guide on Texas registered agents.
3. File the Texas Certificate of Formation
You will need to file the Texas Certificate of Formation, which is the document that officially forms your Texas LLC. It can be filed online or by mail, and the filing fee is $300. Learn more about the Texas Certificate of Formation with our guide.
4. Create an Operating Agreement
An operating agreement, referred to in Texas as a “company agreement,” is a legal document that outlines the ownership structure and operating procedures of your LLC in Texas. You can read more about Texas LLC operating agreements in our full guide.
5. Get an EIN
EIN stands for Employer Identification Number, and you can think of it as a Social Security number (SSN) for your LLC. You can get one for free through the IRS website. Learn more by checking out our guide on EINs.