The 5 Best LLC Services in Texas 2024
Searching for the best LLC service in Texas to launch a business? Formation companies can lower startup costs when forming an LLC online. Additionally, filing services offer affordable features such as registered agent service and an Employer Identification Number (EIN).
In our review of the best business formation services of 2024, we provide a side-by-side comparison of the main features you should care about when starting an LLC in Texas.
The current state filing fee in Texas is $300.
Recommended Texas LLC Service: Northwest ($29 + State Fees)
Best Texas LLC Formation Services
The 5 Best LLC Services
BEST FOR 1ST TIME BUSINESS OWNERS
OVER A MILLION BUSINESS LAUNCHED
BEST SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS
A limited liability company (LLC) is a popular business structure, and starting one is an excellent way to protect your personal assets in case your company is sued. Hiring a professional service allows you to focus more on running and growing your Texas enterprise.
There are several online LLC services that will start your venture for a fee. We reviewed and ranked the best Texas business formation services by forming separate LLCs with each provider.
Choosing the top service provider to help you form your company comes down to three things:
- The type of business you have
- The needs of your company
- Any additional services you may want
In this review, we'll look at some of the best Texas LLC services in 2024 and share what makes them the top choice. By the time you finish reading this review, you'll know which formation company is right for you and your enterprise.
Best Texas LLC Formation Services:
1. Northwest Registered Agent
We chose Northwest Registered Agent as the best Texas LLC service for small business owners. Northwest delivers the essential services for online formation. Their incorporation package is $29 plus state fees, which includes LLC filing, premium registered agent services, customer privacy protection, an online account to access important documents, and more.
Northwest is known for its top-notch customer service; they provide their clients with Corporate Guides, who are highly trained US-based support agents. Every customer gets a Corporate Guide assigned to their specific account, so you can talk to the same person if you have any questions or concerns.
- Positive customer reviews
- User-friendly online ordering process
- No hidden fees or “free trials” that cost money later on
- Professional US-based customer service representatives
- You’ll need to pay extra fees for important features such as an EIN. Another option is to get an EIN for free on your own.
Northwest Pricing and Features
Northwest Registered Agent offers one plan. For only $29 plus state fees, you’ll receive the following features:
- LLC formation service
- Free registered agent service for one year
- Business address
- Mail forwarding
- “Privacy by Default”
- “Corporate Guide” service
Want to learn more about Northwest? Read our full Northwest Registered Agent review.
ZenBusiness is next on our list of the best LLC services. Its packages start at only $0* per year (plus the Texas state fee). What’s more, ZenBusiness is even headquartered in Austin, Texas! ZenBusiness makes things simple so that you can spend more time focusing on running your enterprise.
- Straightforward packages
- Reliable customer support
- Positive customer feedback from online ZenBusiness reviews
- Superior registered agent services
- ZenBusiness can help you get an EIN, but you will have to pay an additional $99 in the ZenBusiness basic plan.
- You do need to pay extra for the registered agent service.
ZenBusiness Pricing and Features
All three packages offer the following services and more when forming a limited liability company.
- Preparing and filing the articles of organization with the Texas Secretary of State
- Unlimited business name availability searches
- Free accounting consultation
- Online dashboard to track important documents
- Worry-free compliance free first year (Auto-renewal price: $199/yr): receive annual report filing alerts to help you stay compliant.
If you upgrade to the ZenBusiness Pro package, you’ll find other features, including:
- LLC Operating Agreement Template: An operating agreement helps define the terms of Texas LLC formation. In our search, we noticed that few formation companies include an operating agreement template in their basic packages.
- Filing speed (1 - 2 business days)
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
ZenBusiness’ Premium package ($349 + Texas state fee) includes even more add-on features:
- Business domain name, website email address, and domain privacy: Get your venture online to reach more customers and boost credibility, and further protect your company's privacy on the web.
- Rush filing: This feature reduces the formation processing time, which can be helpful for entrepreneurs seeking quicker and more comprehensive services in Texas.
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Business Document Templates
4. Tailor Brands
Another one of our favorite LLC services, Tailor Brands is an automated platform that helps with business formation, branding, and website building. Its mission is to empower entrepreneurs to easily launch their ventures by providing a one-stop shop.
The premium Elite Plan ($0 + state fees) is what really sets Tailor Brands apart. For Texas companies that are committed to establishing an online presence — those that want more than just basic Texas LLC services — the Elite Plan provides an excellent variety of features. These include logo creation, digital business cards, graphic design tools for social media, and more.
Tailor Brands Pros
- In under 10 minutes, you can form an LLC in Texas, build your website, and begin your social media marketing strategy
- Highly personalized service so you can get the right tools for your unique entrepreneurial journey
- Offers some of the best customer support to address any questions or concerns you may have
Tailor Brands Cons
- Not the best choice for budget-conscious businesses that only need basic company formation services
- Have to pay extra for features like registered agent service
Tailor Brands Pricing and Features
Though Tailor Brands offers three packages, we’re going to highlight their all-in-one Elite package. You get a lot for the premium price of the Elite Plan. Designed for entrepreneurs who are ready to make their mark online, it includes a plethora of helpful features and tools.
Elite Plan Features:
- LLC formation
- Annual compliance
- Expedited processing
- Operating agreement
- Free domain for a year
- Logo maker
- Website builder
- Social media post maker
- Business cards tool
Want to learn more about Tailor Brands? Read our full Tailor Brands review.
5. Bizee (Formerly Incfile)
Similar to Northwest and ZenBusiness, Bizee offers an excellent value in its basic pricing plan for Texas business formation services. We've also rated Bizee as one of the top services for helping to obtain business licenses.
- Free year of registered agent service with all packages, costing just $119 each year afterward — a lower price than that offered by other top registered agent services.
- Real-time order tracking and quality customer support
- User-friendly online dashboard that helps you track important deadlines and compliance reminders for your LLC in Texas
Limited services. For instance, important features, such as an operating agreement and EIN, cost extra.
Bizee Pricing and Features
The free Silver package, with the exception of state fees, includes:
- Texas LLC formation: Get your company set up to operate independently of your personal finances.
- One year of free registered agent service: Bizee will cover the cost of your registered agent fees for the first year
- Lifetime company compliance alerts: Get alerted when it’s time to file your annual report.
Bizee Gold ($149 + Texas state fee) includes:
- Operating agreement: Bizee will handle your operating agreement for you.
- Banking resolution: Bizee will write your banking resolution authorizing someone to open a bank account and provide a signature.
- EIN registration: Get a nine-digit EIN to open a bank account so that you can hire employees and keep your professional and personal transactions separate.
The Platinum package ($249 + Texas state fee) provides even more, such as:
- A free business website and domain name
- Business contract templates
- Business bank account
- Priority expedited filing
Bizee's formation services offer the best deal for small businesses because of its free premium services. Bizee offers important features in its basic packages that is great for a low-budget startup.
Although the following services didn’t make the list above, their offerings are still worth mentioning briefly.
LegalZoom is an online business formation and legal services company. The biggest advantage of this platform would be their brand power; they’ve established a name for themselves in the formation services industry.
Rocket Lawyer is worth consideration if you want ongoing legal services past LLC formation. This platform is also great for entrepreneurs who don’t have a lot of experience forming contracts. TRUiC partnered with Rocket Lawyer to offer a New Business Bundle filled with free incorporation services, legal advice, and further discounts!
We really like how Swyft Filings presents partner offers to help you save on related expenses depending on your business needs.
This was a creative way to add value to service offerings without having to raise the prices. You can obtain all of your basic formation needs with the Standard package, which is also reasonably priced.
Inc Authority is known for providing basic LLC formation services for free. Please note that although it states that it’s free, you will still have to pay for the filing fee, which varies by state. Also, if you need essentials such as an EIN (which you can get for free from the IRS website), you will need to pay extra. However, it’s an overall good deal considering all the features it includes.
MyCompanyWorks doesn’t have the cheapest formation packages, but price points are competitive. Even more importantly, business owners who use this service really value the customer service and satisfaction guarantee. Support emails and calls are unlimited for clients.
Our Review Methodology
The TRUiC team evaluates each formation service based on the following:
LLC services typically charge a one-time fee for forming the company, as well as ongoing annual fees for maintaining it. The cost of these services can vary greatly, so it's important to compare prices before making a decision. Additionally, some providers may charge extra fees for additional features such as a registered agent or compliance support.
It is important to evaluate the cost of all the services needed and compare them to the budget you have available. It is also recommended to choose a provider that is transparent with their pricing so you know what you are paying for and to avoid hidden fees.
When choosing a service to form your company, it is important to consider the features that are offered. Different providers may offer different levels of support, such as assistance with registering your venture, drafting operating agreements, and obtaining necessary licenses and permits.
Some providers may also offer additional services such as registered agent, virtual office services, and online document management. It's important to consider your own entrepreneurial needs and choose a service that can provide the support you need to get your venture up and running.
User reviews provide valuable insight into the experiences of other owners who have used the service. They can offer information about the provider’s reliability, customer service, and ease of use.
Reviews can also offer information about any problems or issues that other entrepreneurs have encountered. By considering user reviews, you can make an informed decision about which service is the best fit for your company.
When choosing a professional provider to form your venture, considering the quality of customer support is important. This is because your LLC service provider will be a key partner in the formation and ongoing maintenance of your company. If you encounter any issues or have questions about the process, you will want to be able to rely on the customer support team to provide prompt and accurate assistance.
Additionally, good customer service can also be an indication of the overall reliability and trustworthiness of the service provider, which is important for a company that is just getting started.
Accessibility & User Experience
It's also essential to consider the accessibility and user experience of the platform. A platform that is accessible and has a positive UX can save time and reduce frustration for entrepreneurs, making the process of forming a company smoother and more efficient.
Additionally, a platform that is designed with accessibility and UX in mind can also help to ensure that all users, including those with disabilities, have equal access to the information and resources they need to successfully form their company.
How to Form an LLC in Texas
You can start an LLC in Texas on your own in five easy steps:
1. Name Your Texas LLC
You won’t be able to form your company until you actually choose a name. Be sure to follow the LLC naming rules outlined in the Texas naming requirements.
Then, make sure the name you want isn't already taken by doing a name search on the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts website.
We also recommend using our LLC Name Generator tool to help secure a domain name for your company in Texas.
2. Choose a Registered Agent in Texas
You are required to designate a registered agent for your Texas LLC, which is an individual or business entity in charge of receiving legal documents, government correspondence, and more on behalf of your company.
If you form your business online at the Texas Secretary of State website ($300 filing fee required), you’ll gain access to all the resources you need to appoint a registered agent.
If you form your company by mail, download the Certificate of Formation form ($300 filing fee), fill out the required fields, and submit a physical copy to the Texas Secretary of State. Your registered agent’s name and contact information will be requested in Article 2.
Learn more by reading our guide on Texas registered agents.
3. File the Texas Certificate of Formation
To register your business, you'll need to file Form 205 - Certificate of Formation with the Texas Secretary of State. You can apply online, by mail, or in person.
Learn more with our Texas Certificate of Formation guide.
4. Create an Operating Agreement
An operating agreement, referred to in Texas as a “company agreement,” is a legal document that outlines the ownership structure and operating procedures of your company.
Although an operating agreement is not required, it’s recommended. According to Texas Business Organization Code Section 101.052, all members of a Texas LLC may enter into an operating agreement (or “organizing agreement”) to regulate the internal affairs of the company.
You can read more about Texas LLC operating agreements in our full guide.
5. Get an EIN
You can think of an Employer Identification Number as a Social Security number for your venture. Get one for free through the IRS website.
Learn more by checking out our guide on EINs.
If you do choose a professional formation service, our recommendation is Northwest Registered Agent. They offer some of the best LLC services on the market due to their combination of affordability, reliability, and expertise. From a free phone service for the first 60 days to customer privacy protection, you can ensure your company’s needs will be met.
Additionally, their team of professionals has extensive knowledge of formation and compliance requirements, allowing them to guide entrepreneurs through the process with ease. They are committed to providing exceptional customer support through highly-trained Corporate Guides, ensuring that each client's needs are met in a timely and efficient manner. It’s no wonder that Northwest is considered one of the best LLC service providers on the market.
The cost to start an LLC online in Texas is $300. This fee is paid to the Texas Secretary of State when filing the Certificate of Formation.
LLCs are required to file an annual report and Franchise Tax with the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts. These can only be filed online at the Texas Comptroller website. You will need to create an online account to complete the filing process.
Some local resources to consider include city or county chambers of commerce, regional Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs), or local startup accelerators.
For more information, see our Texas Local Resources page.